‘Unbelievable potential:’ Linton man creates food drying facilityDean Chambers and his partner, Charlotte Webb, own and operate Greene County Seed Company located North of Linton. Boasting 30 acres, three bodies of water and a variety of crops, Chambers said they...
Traffic infraction leads to felony drug charges1Late Wednesday night just after 11 p.m., Indiana State Police Trooper Caleb Garvin conducted a traffic stop on State Road 54 at JL Wilson Road after observing a vehicle travel left of center. After...
- Community Notes (12/3/16)
- Bloomington man allegedly draws gun on three (12/2/16)
- BPD accepting donations for Bless This Dinner (12/2/16)1
- Greene Gab Episode 15 (12/2/16)
- Community Notes (12/2/16)
- Fill the Trailer for Tennessee (12/1/16)
- Greene County’s future discussed at Civic Discourse Workshop (12/1/16)3
- Crane celebrates 75 years (12/1/16)
- Bloomfield School Board expands dual credit offerings (11/30/16)3
- Community Notes (11/30/16)
Sheila StalcupSheila Kaye Stalcup, age 68, of Worthington, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at her residence. She was born in Linton on Dec. 3, 1947, the daughter of Lawrence Reed and Carole (Moreland)...
Faynetta R. HollisFaynetta R. Hollis, 92, of Franklin and formerly of Bloomfield, died Monday, November 21, 2016 in Bell Trace Health and Living Center. She was born July 27, 1924 in Quincy, Ill. to William Larkin...
Anna BurchamAnna Belle Burcham, 79, of Vincennes passed away Monday, Nov. 28 at the Lodge of the Wabash in Vincennes. Born Aug. 4, 1937 in Bloomfield the daughter of Julius and Nancy (Love) Pearson. Anna was a...
Chad Alan BrownChad Alan Brown, age 32, of Linton, passed away on Monday, November 28, 2016, from an automobile accident. He was born in Monroe County on February 16, 1984, the son of Robert H Brown & Valerie...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/1/16)Jeffrey Lee Wayne Elkins, 33, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for neglect of dependent and battery resulting in bodily injury. No bond is set. Roger Jarren Hammer, 21, Springville, was arrested...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (11/28/16)Patricke Daniel Brooks Shacklett, 27, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for auto theft. Bond is set at $4,000. Michael Fisher, 40, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for criminal mischief. Bond is...
Court News (12/2/16)CRIMINAL CASES Justin Pegg, 33, Bloomfield, Class C misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated, Level 6 Felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated prior conviction, Class A misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated with alcohol concentration of .15 or more, Level 6 Felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated with alcohol concentration of .15 or more prior conviction...
REMC Employees and RepresentativesBeware of the goat
Donna Kluesner“Mayfield’s Mutts and More” art by Rylie Daisha Mayfield
Larry VandeventerI would be labeled an anarchist
Ask a Greene GardenerPlanting mums in the fall
By Billie HollandBeing passionate about what we love
Brenda HancockGenerations assists with variety of programs
ISTEP results don’t paint full picture (11/22/16)ISTEP+ results were released by the Indiana Department of Education this week, and at first glance some of the numbers may seem disappointing. But, it is important right now to remember these numbers...
With elections behind us, it is time to move forward (11/14/16)The 2016 Presidential Election is in the books, and it is time to remember we are still co-workers, neighbors, family and friends despite our political affiliations. Emotions ran high this election...
- UPDATED: Miners pull away from Trojans in second OTBROWNSBURG - Linton-Stockton needed eight additional minutes Saturday. But the Miners finally put some distance between themselves and the Covington Trojans in the second extra session. Linton-Stockton opened a 7-point lead with 54 seconds to play and held on for a 60-55 win in the eight-team Brownsburg Shootout lid-lifter Saturday afternoon...
- Lady Miners earn split in North Daviess tourney
- Loogootee races past Lady Thunderbirds
- Shakamak comes from behind to edge Golden Arrows 56-53
- Wolverines turn up the heat on offense for first win of the season
- Thunderbirds hold off determined Mitchell squad 73-68
- Lions hit century mark as they give Union painful lesson
- Lady Wolverines declaw Lady Eagles on the road 52-44 (12/3/16)
Community NotesSaturday, December 3 The Bloomfield Southside Wesleyan Church will host a revival at 7 p.m. at the church Greene County Right to Life will hold its annual Christmas party at 6 p.m. at Casa Sevilla Mexican Restaurant in Bloomfield. The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 479 of Lyons will hold its monthly breakfast, from 7-11 a.m., menu will be biscuits and gravy, eggs fixed your way, fried potatoes and/or pancakes. The public is welcome, call 812-659-2560 for more information...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Lost & Found
Missing Male YorkieMissing Male Yorkie from 40 W Owen Farm Rd, Bloomfield , Indiana. My Male Yorkie came up missing from my home on Saturday , November 5,2016. He goes by the name Sammy and is in need of his daily medicine if any one knows anything please call me I...