There are events and activities in life that produce much joy and satisfaction. Sometimes the thing is small and insignificant but if the results were mountains they would be Alps.
Here are some illustrations:
* Few things feel better than pulling a second quilt up under your chin on a cold winter night.
* Few sounds are more angelic than laughing children.
* Few things taste better than sweet corn right out of the garden.
* Few things taste better than a warm chocolate chip cookie.
* Few things feel better than a hug from your mother.
* Few things feel more masculine than the first real manly handshake with your father.
* Few things feel warmer than an old sweater at the high school football game in late October.
* Few aspects make your day more complete than Thanksgiving Dinner with your family.
* Few things are more heartwarming than watching your children do well.
* Few things provide more satisfaction than observing your adult children and their families living loving, productive lives.
* Few things make you feel better than a heartfelt thank you.
* Few things make you feel more mature than driving your own car for the first time.
* Few things cause deeper feeling of peace than a baby breathing on your neck.
* Few events give greater feelings of accomplishment/achievement than graduating from high school and college.
* Few things feel more grown up than that first paycheck on your career path.
* Few things are more alarming than seeing how much is withheld from that first pay check.
* Few things feel more pleasing than spending the first night in your own house.
* Few days feel lonelier than when the last child goes to college or gets married.
* Few days feel more forlorn than the funeral of parents.
* Few events feel more discouraging than the day you are laid off, downsized or fired.
* Few days cause more joy than when your babies are born.
* Few days bring more relief or happiness than the day you make the last payment on a car or a house.
* Few days cause more elation than defeating your arch rival in the most important game of the year.
* Few things cause more satisfaction after dieting than the feeling of putting on that article of clothing you used to wear before gaining weight.
* Few things are more peaceful than the silence of growing things.
* Few things taste better than a ripe watermelon in the heat of summer.
* Few moments provide greater relief than hearing the doctor say "you are cancer free" as we heard the doctor say this week to our youngest daughter. Now she can continue her roles as wife, mother, member of her church and community and our daughter.
Go to my website -- Larryvandeventer.com -- and purchase my books. I grew up North of Calvertville and Graduated from Worthington High School and Indiana State four Times. Contact me at Goosecrick@aol.com or 317-839-7656.