Feels like: 16°F
Friday, Mar. 6, 2015
Test your knowledge (and don't cheat)Posted Wednesday, February 11, 2009, at 11:06 AM
This is a test.
There are 10 standard questions about who said what followed by five fill-in-the-blank and five multiple choice questions.
No cheating allowed, and don't look at the answer key until you've answered all of the questions.
1. Who said, "This is the city..."
2. Who said, "I love it when a plan comes together."
3. Who said, "Mom always liked you best."
4. Who said, "Now cut that out!"
5. Who said, "Say goodnight Gracie."
6. Who said, "We've got a really big show tonight."
7. Who said, "Good night and good luck."
8. Who said, "How sweet it is."
9. Who said, "And that's the way it is."
10. Who said, "I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too."
11. "You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with _."
12. "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star, _."
13. "_, a little dab'll do ya."
14. "The best part of wakin' up, is _ in your cup."
15. "I'd walk a mile for a _."
16. What was the name of Caroline Kennedy's pony? a. Old Blue. b. Paint. c. Macaroni
17. What post-war car turned automotive design on its ear because you couldn't tell whether it was coming or going? a. Studebaker. b. Nash Metro. c. Tucker
18. Who left his heart in San Francisco? a. Tony Bennett. b. Xavier Cugat. c. George Gershwin
19. What was the name of the singing group that made the song "Cabdriver" a hit? a. The Ink Spots. b. The Supremes. c. The Esquires.
20. What was the name of the Indian Princess on the Howdy Doody Show? a. Princess Summerfallwinterspring. b. Princess Sacajawea. c. Princess Moonshadow.
Bonus Question for Extra Credit: Greene County, Indiana was named in honor of _.
1. Sgt. Joe Friday on Dragnet. 2. Hannibal on The A-Team. 3. Tommy Smothers. 4. Jack Benny. 5. George Burns. 6. Ed Sullivan. 7. Edward R. Murrow. 8. Jackie Gleason. 9. Walter Cronkite. 10. The Wicked Witch of the West. 11. Pepsodent. 12. The big bright Texaco star. 13. Brylcreem. 14. Folgers. 15. Camel. 16. c. Macaroni. 17. a. Studebaker in 1946. 18. a. Tony Bennett. 19. a. The Ink Spots. 20. a. Princess Summerfallwinterspring - she was a puppet. Bonus Question. General Nathanael Greene. And yes, that's how Wikipedia says this Nathanael is spelled.
Each question is worth five points. If test is taken at the coffee shop, whoever gets the highest score should buy breakfast for everyone else sitting at the table.
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Anna Rochelle
Anna Rochelle is editor of the Greene County Daily World and can be reached by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office at 812-847-4487.
Hot topicsIs there a black panther on the prowl?
(2 ~ 12:16 AM, Dec 1)
Another report of a black panther in Greene County?
Rain, Snow or Blow
It's Fair Time in Greene County!
Take a Stand. Help Greene County's SART Fight Back