High: 49°F ~ Low: 33°F
Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013
What's on your list of small pleasures?Posted Wednesday, March 24, 2010, at 11:25 AM
I recently read a list of small pleasures one can enjoy. Reading through the list made me smile, because many of them are small pleasures I enjoy. So, I'd like to share some of those with you and add some of my own.
* The way babies smell
* The funny things kids say
* The first signs of spring
* Finding a few forgotten dollars in your pocket
* Movie theatre popcorn (with extra butter!)
* A bubble bath
* An afternoon nap
* Sleeping in on your day off
* Hearing your favorite song on the radio (and singing as loud as you can)
* Curling up with a good book
* Staying in your pajamas all day
* Fresh, crisp sheets
* The cold side of the pillow
* New friends
* Old friends
* Kissing someone you love
* Old photographs
* A genuine compliment (giving or receiving)
* Seeing the white "W" flag flying over Wrigley Field after a win by the Chicago Cubs.
What's on your list of small pleasures?
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
Hot topicsFamily traditions important during the holiday season
(0 ~ 4:43 PM, Dec 16)
Linton Miner pride runs deeper than on the football field
What's on your list of simple pleasures?
I'm looking forward to many more inspirational, positive, and uplifting stories
Saying goodbye is difficult