High: 87°F ~ Low: 65°F
Thursday, July 30, 2015
What are you thankful for?Posted Tuesday, November 23, 2010, at 1:57 PM
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love reflecting on the things I'm thankful for.
I'm thankful for so many things. I'm sure I could sit at my computer for hours making my list. I'd like to share a few of the things I am thankful for.
* I'm thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins -- and yours, too. I truly cannot imagine my life without Him walking by my side. Throughout my life, I've had so many great Christian role models in my life. I'm truly thankful for each of them.
* A wonderful, loving husband who loves me for me. He's not only a great husband, but he's also an awesome dad. My kids and I are so fortunate to have him in our lives.
* A beautiful 7-year-old little girl. Brooklyn is so kind and loving and has a heart of gold. She's a great big sister to her three siblings. She loves reading and writing like her momma. It's not uncommon to find both of us reading or journaling together. She even records each of her journal entries in a table of contents. I love our kitchen talks while I'm washing dishes and she's drying.
* A 6-year-old son who is as sweet and caring as he is rambunctious. Wrigley can be so sweet one second and then rotten as can be the next second. He's definitely all boy! He's really beginning to enjoy reading ... I just wish he didn't enjoy reading books about snakes so much. I've always been scared of snakes and he gets so much enjoyment out of randomly showing me pages in hopes of freaking me out. He loves football, just like his daddy. It was so much fun watching him play football this year.
* Twins who are almost 2 ... where does the time go? This time last year, they were on the verge of walking. Now, they are running -- everywhere!! They are so much fun. Tyler, laid back like his daddy, is like his big brother and loves playing with trucks, dinosaurs, and GI Joes. Brynley, feisty like her momma, is like her big sister and loves playing with baby dolls, Barbies, and tea sets.
* I'm thankful for the opportunity my children have to build relationships with their great-great grandma. I've been so fortunate to have been able to build a great relationship with my great-grandma Beulah Fougerousse and now my kids get that chance. How many kids can say they know their great-great grandma?
* I'm thankful for my family -- I've got the best parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
* I'm thankful for my Mary Kay business. When I started my business as an independent beauty consultant, I thought I'd just be selling cosmetics. Boy was I wrong. The business has brought so much into my life -- personal growth, friendship, security, recognition, self esteem, happiness, support, and much more.
* I'm thankful Chris Pruett and the Greene County Daily World has given me an opportunity to write again. As some of you may remember, I started working at the newspaper while in college and stuck around after graduating. A little over three years ago, I took a job at SAIC in Bloomfield. I missed writing terribly, so thank you, Chris, for giving me the opportunity to write again.
What are YOU thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires free registration:
Hot topicsOfficers Spreading Smiles
(0 ~ 10:43 AM, May 11)
Police and pizza put fun in FUNdraiser
Relay For Life is upon us once again
I found myself at a different kind of competition
WRV senior collecting items for food pantries