Light Drizzle ~
High: 58°F ~ Low: 45°F
Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014
Good luck ... bad luck ... Don't worry, be happy!Posted Friday, March 18, 2011, at 8:29 AM
Some signs of good luck are four leaf clovers, a rabbit's foot, the Blarney Stone, a pendant to ward off the evil eye, crossed fingers, a knock on wood, specific animals or insects, and other lucky charms.
Bad luck signs come in various forms like walking under a ladder, an open umbrella inside a room, a broken mirror, Friday the 13th, a black cat crossing your path, and so on.
What is luck; looks and money, living a good life, getting that perfect job, staying incredibly healthy, finding your soulmate, a lifelong friend, the perfect kids, yearly vacations, winning the lottery? Some people do seem to lead a charmed life. Others not so much.
Those who find real happiness are truly lucky. From O magazine, March 2008, Richard J. Davidson, PhD, stated, "Happiness is the result of wisdom, a skill that can be learned. With a little training, you can coax a fretful mind toward a happier outlook."
Contained in the same article was a list of five things happy people do. In times like the present, utilizing some of the ideas may give people something to be happy about.
* Make an effort to know and realize one's most golden self or personal growth.
* Design your life to bring in joy. Spend life doing things that you actually enjoy.
* Avoid "if only" fantasies ... if only I lose weight, find a better job ... life would be perfect. Happy people don't "buy" into this thinking.
* Put best friends first ... you get more joy from spending longer periods of time with a close friend ... hanging out.
* Allow yourself to be happy ... pursue personal happiness and strive to help others.
"Don't worry, be happy."
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read what I wrote.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to By Tawni Prudhomme