Light Rain ~
High: 76°F ~ Low: 66°F
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
L-S Chamber has many activities plannedPosted Thursday, March 15, 2012, at 2:28 PM
The Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce is already working hard on the 2012 Linton Freedom Festival.
Parade applications, arts and crafts Marketplace vendor applications have been sent out and posted on our website; Freedom 5K/Walk, Freedom Open Golf Tournament, Classic Car Show, Little Miss/Mr, Karaoke Contest plans are all being made; live entertainment is being lined up; and the list goes on ...
Our LFF 2012 Queen Gabrielle Pattison and Runner-up Kanitra McDonald will be making appearances in a number of those events, including the parade.
Linton's 107th Independence Day Parade theme this year is "Freedom Sparkles ... in Linton!" If your organization, church or business would like to be in the parade, go to www.lintonfreedomfest.org, go to registration forms, and click on parade application to get all the information you need.
Be creative, have fun and join in the celebration of our country's freedom.
Also, if you would like to be involved and support the Chamber and its community efforts, feel free to contact the office at 847-4846 to volunteer your time and energy. We would love to include you as we work to host Indiana's Largest Independence Day Parade.
Upcoming Chamber events:
* March 20 -- Chamber member meeting at Monical's Pizza at noon. Pepper Mulherin from AT&T will be sharing about its Sustainability and also about Citizenship programs.
* April 27 -- The spring fish fry will be at the Roy Clark Community Building from 4-8 p.m.
* April 28-29 -- Motocross Weekend will be at the Conservation Club. Saturday practice begins at 11 a.m.-5 p.m., and cost is $15. Sunday starts at 7 a.m. for sign-in, practice is at 9 a.m. and racing begins at 11 a.m. Gate fees are $4 for children under 10 (free for 5 and under), $7 for adults; $25 riders first class and $20 each additional class.
* Glenburn Home is hosting a health clinic with Indiana Home Health Care on March 19 at 9 a.m. Call 847-3509 for more information.
* WorkOne is offering a Work Readiness (9-10:30 a.m.) and Job Search Techniques (2-4 p.m.) workshop on March 21. Free computer classes are offered every other Friday from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Call 847-4479 for more information.
* AARP Free Tax Services for senior citizens and for low-to-middle income taxpayers is continuing on March 22 and 29 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Glenburn Community Center. Call 847-3509 for more information.
* Friends of Shakamak 5K "Long Fish" Dash will be April 21 beginning at 8:15 a.m. Junior Mile for kids 12 and under, 5K Run and Fitness Walk are all available. For additional information contact David Phillips at 665-2908.
* Glenburn is going to Boggstown Cabaret on April 25. Cost is $81 per person which includes motor-coach transportation, lunch and the show. Call your friends and enjoy this unique live entertainment featuring music from the 1900-1960's, comedy and audience interaction. For reservations call Deena 847-3509.
Welcome new members for 2012:
* A&E Salvage
* AFLAC Insurance
* Avon -- Charolett Bresach
* Citizens Energy Group
* Encore Insurance
* Linton Glass Company
* Route 54 Tans
Make sure to visit these and all of our Chamber members who generously support our community.
Lynette is the executive director of the Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached by mail at P.O. Box 208, Linton, Ind., 47441; by telephone at 847-4846; by fax at 847-0246; by email at email@example.com .
Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to By Lynette Shelton
Lynette is the executive director of the Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached by telephone at 847-4846 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot topicsChamber has many events planned this year
(0 ~ 12:37 PM, Jan 28)
Santa will arrive in Linton later this month
Fireworks will be displayed at National Night Out
Volunteerism alive and well for annual parade
Several activities set for Freedom Festival