Light Rain ~
High: 83°F ~ Low: 60°F
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Busy weekend planned for Linton-Chamber of CommercePosted Tuesday, April 24, 2012, at 1:23 PM
April showers (were there many?) are giving way to May flowers, but before April ends, the Linton-Stocton Chamber of Commerce wants to invite you to its Spring Fish Fry at the Roy Clark Building on Friday from 4-8 p.m.
Thank you to our sponsors: Anderson-Poindexter, Angell's, Charlotte's Unique Boutique, City of Linton, Fire Department, Greene County Daily World, Key Associates, Legion Post 22, McDonald's, Patrick's Restaurant and Bowling, Sears, Shrine Club, Smith Printing, Southside Express, Sportsman's Pub and Stoll's Country Inn.
Tickets are available now for a lower price at the Chamber office, Regions or Bloomfield State Bank. They will be sold at the door for only a $1 more, so you can be spontaneous too.
We are ending April with a great weekend at the Linton Freedom Festival Mx! Motocross practice which will be from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday at the Linton Conservation Club. There are no gate fees for Saturday and riders are $15. Sunday's race starts with 7 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. practice and racing begins at 11 a.m. Gate fees are $7 adults, $4 children under 10, free for 5 and under. Rider fees are $25 for first class and $20 each additional class. Trophies and money prizes will be awarded to the top riders.
If you've never seen a motocross race, now is the time to watch all ages, including 7 year olds and 50+, showcase their skill in a local venue. Golf carts and ATVs are welcome to line-up along the outside fence for viewing. Concessions will be offered by the Baseball/Softball Complex Board with all proceeds going towards the new complex.
City-Wide Yard Sales will be the same weekend as the next motocross race: May 19. Look for advertising deals here in the paper.
Our members are ending April with a bang too:
* Charlotte's Unique Boutique is celebrating her grand opening through the end of April with sales throughout the store and weekly drawings. Tizo Jewelry will be visiting Charlotte's this Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. They will be showcasing their handmade jewelry and custom fit rings. Snacks will be provided, so if you haven't had a chance to stop in to see the new store, now would be a great time.
* The mayor's office and the Linton NNORC Advisory Committee invite you to a luncheon/discussion of how to "Make Linton a Lifetime Community" on Thursday. Lunch begins at 11:30 a.m. and the workshop will follow. Make sure you fill out Linton's on-line Livability Survey at www.lifetimecommunities.org . Contact Noble Stallons at 847-4213 if you have any questions.
* Greene County General Hospital has launched its new website. Check out www.greenecountyhospital.com to see what's new.
* Crane Federal Credit Union has partnered with Travel One to offer a unique travel program to Credit Union members ... escorted trips to both domestic and international destinations, including New York City, Chicago, Canada cruise, New England cruise and Mediterranean/Venice cruise. Visit www.cranecu.org , any branch location or contact Debbie Hicks with Travel One at (812) 279-3935 for trip details.
* May is having a kick-off with WellnessFirst Chiropractic of Linton celebrating Dr. Steven Brinson's purchase from Dr. Brian Grindstaff one year ago. Dr. Brinson, having worked here for two years prior, has fit right in to the family atmosphere of WellnessFirst. Congratulations Dr. Brinson and WellnessFirst! Call today at 847-4330 to meet Dr. Brinson.
* Glenburn Home's Conner Prairie Trip on May 16 will include a self-guided tour of historic areas. The motor-coach will leave at 8 a.m. and return at 5 p.m. Cost is $52 per person. For reservations call Deena at 847-3509.
* Finally, congratulations to Goose Pond for being honored with the Telly Award for "Goose Pond: The Story of a Wetland and its Neighbors." To preview the film, see the Greene County Daily World website for the link.
Support our Chamber members, because they support our community.
Some of our long-time members are: Marvin Abshire, Attorney at Law; Advanced Auto Parts; Allen's Motel; American Cancer Society; American Legion Post 22; American Red Cross; Anderson-Poindexter Funeral Home; Angell's Electronics-Radio Shack; Angell's Food Center; and AT&T.
Make sure to tell them "thank you" throughout the year for contributing to our community.
Lynette is the executive director of the Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached by telephone at 847-4846.
Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to By Lynette Shelton
Lynette is the executive director of the Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached by telephone at 847-4846 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot topicsChamber has many events planned this year
(0 ~ 12:37 PM, Jan 28)
Santa will arrive in Linton later this month
Fireworks will be displayed at National Night Out
Volunteerism alive and well for annual parade
Several activities set for Freedom Festival