High: 68°F ~ Low: 43°F
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Chamber has many events planned this yearPosted Monday, January 28, 2013, at 1:37 PM
Congratulations to our Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce award recipients: Node1 Technology, 2012 Business of the Year, and Jonas Uland, 2012 Citizen of the Year. We are thrilled to honor each of you in this way.
Thank you also to the Linton Elks, jazz singer Maud Habich, and comedian Jay Hendren for making the awards banquet and dinner Jan. 17 a success.
The Chamber is currently busy preparing for 2013. A year of events and supporting our local businesses awaits us. As we move into February, the Chamber and its members will be representing Greene County and its tourism industry at the Indianapolis Boat, Sport & Travel Show. This is one of the highlights of the year as we invite visitors to come relax in the natural beauty that we call home. Come see us Feb. 15-24 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
The queen pageant will be March 16 at 7 p.m. at the Linton High School auditeria. A scholarship will be given to the queen and the first runner-up for post-high school education opportunities.
Our members are always working to better our community as well:
* Indiana Farm Bureau is offering a Farmer's Market Boot Camp with a variety of topics, including food safety, using social media and buying local made easy. Call (765) 494-1296 for more information.
* Wellness First is hosting a "Dinner with the Doc", Dr. Brinson, that is. This free dinner will be at Goose Pond Pizza on Feb. 12 at 6:30 p.m. Please RSVP by Feb. 7 at 847-4330.
* Linton swimming pool fundraising has begun with a lasagna dinner on Feb. 23 from 4-8 p.m. at the Roy Clark Community Building. Tickets are on sale at City Hall for $8 if purchased in advance. They are $9 at the door. Carry-out is available as well.
* The Goose Pond and Friends of Goose Pond are working diligently to provide the 2013 Marsh Madness, beginning on Friday, March 1 at 6:30 p.m. with the Peabody Energy banquet to be held at the Shakamak State Park Group Camp Dining Hall. Live music with Kade Puckett, silent and live auctions, door prizes, cash bar and dinner will all be available. Activities continue on Saturday at Linton's Humphreys Park, including the EarthJoy tree climbing experience and other kids' activities. Saturday night there will be a Sportsman's Night Out from 7-10 p.m. at Shakamak State Park. Tickets can be purchased at www.marshmadness.info .
Finally, we want to welcome new 2013 Chamber members Burkhart Insurance Agency, Gemson Auto Glass and Ten70 Group, as well as Friend of the Chamber Dale and Cathie Knotts.
We look forward to many new members this year as we work together to build our communities and county.
Lynette is the executive director of the Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached by telephone at 847-4846 or by email at email@example.com .
Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to By Lynette Shelton
Lynette is the executive director of the Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached by telephone at 847-4846 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot topicsChamber has many events planned this year
(0 ~ 12:37 PM, Jan 28)
Santa will arrive in Linton later this month
Fireworks will be displayed at National Night Out
Volunteerism alive and well for annual parade
Several activities set for Freedom Festival