Council stalls vote on Innkeeper’s taxThe Greene County Council postponed its vote on the proposed Innkeeper’s Tax in order to further discuss the topic. While the proposed tax has been brought before the council multiple times in the past, Greene County Economic Development Executive Director Brianne Jerrels said this would be her final presentation on the matter. ...
Congressman Bucshon stops in Linton, meets with LPDEighth District Congressman Larry Bucshon was visiting the area this week and stopped at the Linton Police Department to thank the officers for their service. “I’m a big supporter of what law enforcement does every day,” Bucshon said while in Linton Monday afternoon...
Heroes New Hope gives local kids a special opportunityVolunteers came together to help four local youth get out into the woods for a turkey hunt last weekend. Heroes New Hope Foundation founder Scott Goodman said the non-profit organization was created to provide combat-wounded veterans “all-inclusive ecotherapy opportunities” which was started with a turkey hunt for blind veterans from across the state. The program expanded to include fishing trips, deer hunts and other outdoor activities...
Lady Miners rally to beat Owen Valley 10-5The Lady Miners dug themselves out of a four-run hole Thursday evening in a shome oftball game with Owen Valley. Owen Valley (2-6) scored one run in the second and three in the third to take a 4-0 lead. Linton (3-4) put up three in the bottom of the fourth, but the Lady Patriots countered with a singleton run to go up 5-3. Linton exploded for five runs in the fifth and sealed the win with two in the sixth...
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)