Dirt Captain Car wash debuts in BloomfieldA pirate-themed car wash officially opens in Bloomfield on Saturday, offering the ‘latest in touchless car wash technology.’ Dirt Captain Carwash is owned by Austin Harrah and Doug Dayhoff, who said they saw a need in the community and had been talking about opening a car wash for quite some time...
Pedestrian dies in traffic accidentA traffic accident in Jasonville Thursday afternoon left two injured and one pedestrian dead. According to Jasonville Police Chief Jim Gadberry, the accident occurred at 3:25 p.m. at the intersection of N. Park and Hickory Streets. “Two people were taken to local hospitals with minor injuries while the third was lifelined and later succumbed to injuries,” Gadberry said...
Greene County gains its own wineryA quaint pale blue cottage situated cozily among rolling hills of Greene County is now home to Indiana’s 89th winery, the Huckleberry Hill Winery. Owner Cheryl Riddle said her mother, Sandy, owns the property which took Riddle and her husband two years to transform into what they hope will be Greene County’s next unique tourist attraction...
REMC talks board, building and budgetsA major concern to some Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC members has been board member compensation, but cooperative representatives say they do more than people realize. UDWI REMC CEO Brian Sparks, Manager of Operations and Engineering Shane Smith and Manager of Human Resources and Compliance Mike Chapman provided information about several aspects of the electric cooperative’s operation and answering the questions of some concerned member-owners...
Commissioners hire design firm for proposed jail expansionThe Greene County Commissioners moved forward with their plan for the proposed jail expansion with the hiring of a design and architectural firm. The commissioners signed a professional service contract with RQAW Tuesday morning to serve as the design and architectural firm for the proposed 70-bed expansion of the Greene County Jail...
A Night to Shine for special needsEvery guest at “A Night to Shine,” sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation, organized by Antioch Christian Church and hosted by WestGate Technology Park, came dressed to the nines, looking fly and ready to shine all night. Approximately 140 guests attended, along with volunteer “buddies” and caregivers, arriving in style, each guest name announced as king or queen as they walked the bright red carpet past cheering fans and volunteer paparazzi, flash bulbs flashing with each entrance.
Coaches induct Chip Sweet into baseball Hall of FameFormer Shakamak coach Chip Sweet made the Hall of Fame The Indiana High School Baseball Coaches Association inducted Sweet into its Hall of Fame on January 20, recognizing a stellar career at Shakamak that saw his teams win 68.6 percent of their games. Sweet attributed his success to the Lakers who played for him on the diamond and his assistant coaches, including many who worked without pay to teach baseball to the Shakamak nine...
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)