Bereavement group remembers children who diedA group of local parents have started a group to help parents work through the loss of a child. Susan Anderson, D’Lee Sipes, Mary Ann Witty and Karen Fidler have come together to form the local chapter of The Compassionate Friends (TCF) of Linton, part of a national self-help organization for families who have experienced the death of a child...
UPDATE: Semi causes UDWI REMC power outage
Solsberry woman, two others arrested on drug chargesA car being driven without a license plate led to the arrest of a Solsberry woman and a passenger from Bloomington. A separate arrest of a third individual also took place on Tuesday. According to a press release by ISP Bloomington, around 10:30 p.m., Indiana State Police Trooper Caleb Garven stopped a vehicle on State Road 43 on the Greene/Monroe County line after observing it did not have a license plate...
Nearly 20 from Greene County make USI Dean’s ListNearly 20 students from around Greene County were recognized for “outstanding academic achievement” on the University of Southern Indiana’s 2017 Fall Dean’s List. According to Dr. Ronald Rochon, provost, 2,409 students were named to the list overall. The students recognized are undergraduate students with a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale or better, who earned no incomplete or missing grades from the term in 12 or more semester hours...
Union seeks to rejoin IHSAAThe Union School Board recently gave the green light to reapplying for admission to the Indiana High School Athletic Association. Athletic director Joe Pigg said the board authorized on Monday night filling out the application for readmission. Union had to leave the IHSAA after the Northeast School Corp. voted on Dec. 2, 2013, to close the junior/senior high school and Dugger Elementary. Union became a charter school in 2015 through Grace College...
Matt Baker fills auditor’s positionA former Greene County Auditor will finish out Patty Baker’s term. Matt Baker was selected by a Republican caucus following Patty’s resignation due to health issues. Her resignation was effective Jan. 10. Baker served as Greene County Auditor for one term from 2011-14. The following election, his wife was elected to fill the position...
Kirk R. SandersKirk R. Sanders, age 58, of Austin, Ind., formerly of Linton, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018. Kirk was born in Linton Feb. 15, 1959 to William E. and Patricia A. (Wright) Sanders. Kirk was a graduate of the 1977 class of Linton-Stockton High School. He was a member of the football, basketball and baseball teams. He was also a member of the Linton Swim Team...
- On the precipice of another firearms deer season (11/17/17)
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)