Vote at UDWI REMC annual meetingUtilities District of Western Indiana REMC will host its annual meeting Saturday, April 8 at White River Valley High School. Doors will open at 10:30 a.m. and the meeting will begin at 1 p.m. This year, the UDWI REMC Board of Directors seats for districts one, two and three are up for re-election. The board of directors are chosen by the member-owners on a rotating basis at the annual meeting...
Stone, Royal vying for UDWI REMC District 4 seatDavid Stone is seeking another term on the Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC board of directors and John Royal is seeking his first term on the board in the District 4 seat. UDWI REMC members can vote on the three districts up for re-election this year, which includes Districts 1, 2 and 4 at the annual meeting, scheduled for April 8. The meeting will be hosted at White River Valley High School, with doors opening at 10:30 a.m. and the meeting starting at 1 p.m...
Knust, Burger seeking District 1 seat on UDWI REMC boardTwo individuals are seeking the seat in District 1 on the Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC Board of Directors, including incumbent Jack Knust and first-time candidate David Burger. Knust said he is hoping to continue his time on the UDWI REMC Board of Directors because electricity has long been a passion of his and he has hopes to continue finding ways to reduce rates...
WRV Board approves of purchasing new busThe White River Valley School Board heard a request from the transportation department regarding the purchase of a new minibus. According to WRV Superintendent Bob Hacker, the purchase was discussed in the January meeting of the board. Transportation Director Jason Walton stated he took bids to replace bus number three, which is starting to show its age...
Weimer, Carpenter seeking District 2 seat on UDWI REMC boardEditor's note: This is part two of a series detailing the three seats up for election on the UDWI REMC Board of Directors. Part one can be found here An incumbent and newcomer will be vying for the District 2 seat on Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC Board of Directors at the annual meeting April 8...
‘A forgotten art:’ Ken’s Barber Shop celebrates 50 years“I think I’m up to six generations now,” said one of the few remaining barbers in Greene County, Ken Robertson, “My oldest customer is 102 and the youngest are 8 and 9 months old.” Ken’s Barber shop, located in White’s Square in Bloomfield, will turn half a century old this April 20...
Williams woman arrested on perjury chargesA Williams woman has been arrested after being suspected of lying during testimony in an attempted murder case from late 2016. According to a probable cause filed by Greene County Sheriff’s Department Detective James O’Malley, investigation revealed the firearm used by Shawn Dotson in the attempted murder case had been in the possession of Michelle Sanders, 48. Sanders had reportedly stated during a deposition Dotson had at no point handled the firearm...
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)