Volunteer says Linton Food Pantry has growing demand, needs room to accommodateBrenda Padgett is one of those rare people who decided to spend her newly-gained free-time, which came along with retirement, on volunteering at her local food pantry-- the Linton Community Food Pantry and Thrift Store. Padgett said she was a volunteer for a few months before becoming the site supervisor in May 2016...
Turning Point graduates 22Friday the 13th is rumored to be a traditionally unlucky day, but for 22 adult-education students, their luck couldn’t have been better. Although 29 officially graduated in the last six months, 22 attended. Their HSE graduation ceremony was held at Bloomfield’s Faith Christian Church, and the place was packed, with more than 120 proud guests of graduates...
Honoring a fallen LinemanThe funeral service for Dova “Ray” Lockhart was held at Linton First Christian Church at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7. Lockhart passed away on Wednesday, Dec. 28. Lockhart worked for WINN Energy as a line foreman. Local utilities attended the service to honor his passing...
Linton moves toward addressing drainage issuesThe Linton City Council moved forward with potentially updating some areas of the storm water drainage in the city. Matt Sward of Southern Indiana Development Corporation (SIDC) presented a preliminary engineering report, which identifies the areas of need of upgrades, as well as a 20-year plan put in place...
Worthington Police upgrades its forceThe Worthington Town Council met Tuesday for its regular monthly meeting, and Police Chief Randy Raney announced the successful completion, by Worthington Deputy Russell Walls, of the 8-week course of training at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy...
‘It had to be God, I don’t move that fast’Linton resident Bill Bedwell, Head Electrician with the 181st Civil Engineers Squadron at Hulman Air National Guard Base (ANGB) in Terre Haute, recently received a commendation from the State of Indiana, Military Department, rarely given to civilians...
Bad attitudes result in bad day for Lady T-Birds against North Knox
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)