Federal lawsuit may affect Dugger Union charter
Bloomfield man arrested on theft, burglary warrantA Bloomfield man has been arrested on a warrant following an alleged burglary in September. According to a probable cause filed by Greene County Sheriff’s Department Deputy James Carpenter, John Davis, 34, was involved with the theft of various auto parts from a racing car, as well as several other items being stolen on Sept. 5...
Falling asleep at wheel causes accidentAn Edwardsport man reportedly fell asleep at the wheel, causing a single-vehicle accident on Interstate 69 Tuesday morning. Indiana State Police Master Trooper John Yung reported Jacob T. Potts, 22, was traveling northbound on I-69 at 6:20 a.m. Tuesday, southwest of the 106 mile marker, when the accident happened...
UPDATED: 'A Christmas Miracle': Kieft named 2018 Lilly ScholarOn Monday morning, Eastern Greene High School senior Jordyn Kieft joked that moving back an assignment was a Christmas Miracle, little did she know in just a few minutes she would be getting a gift much bigger. The Greene County Foundation named Kieft the 2018 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship recipient during a presentation in the school’s library. Foundation Program Manager Brandon Sparks and Scholarship Community Chairperson Emily Steward presented the scholarship to Kieft Monday morning...
Speeding drivers beware as ISP aircraft takes to the airPutnamville—On Tuesday, Dec. 12, for the fifth time in recent weeks, troopers from the Putnamville Post utilized aircraft for their speed enforcement efforts. Indiana State Police Sergeant Lee Wright, from the ISP Aviation Section, piloted his Cessna 172 Skyhawk to the Putnamville District, and joined forces with Putnamville District officers, Sergeant Jared Nicoson, and Troopers Bill Bradbury, Tom Hanks, Brent Robinson, and Erik Smith...
Mogan announces retirement as Shakamak superintendentShakamak Superintendent Mike Mogan announced his retirement during a regular meeting of the school board Thursday evening. Mogan stated he intends for his retirement to take effect June 30, 2018 following the completion of the school year. “I have appreciated the opportunity given me by the Board of School Trustees to serve the students, staff, parents and community of Shakamak. ...
‘Pickin Dixons’ brings years of experience to new storeJust in time for holiday shopping, antique-and-collectibles store Pickin Dixons will open in grand style Saturday. Located at 689 A Street Northwest in Linton, the former site of Southern Indiana Workwear and Bender Lumber, the building now houses fine antiques, collectibles, vintage items and one-of-a-kind finds...
- On the precipice of another firearms deer season (11/17/17)
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)