Watkins, Collins to vie for District 7 seat on REMC boardCurrent UDWI REMC board of directors member Bill Watkins seeks another term of service and Dax Collins is looking to be elected to his first term on the board for District 7 in the upcoming elections. Watkins has served on the UDWI REMC Board of Directors for 34 years, and he believes his experience benefits the board not only for his extensive knowledge of the workings of an electricity cooperative but also benefits the board’s newest members as they learn the ins and outs of making decisions to benefit REMCs more than 16,000 members.. ...
WRV students raise over $10,000 at Saturday dance marathonA group of compassionate students at White River Valley High School got together on Saturday, March 17, to hold the school’s annual WRV Riley Dance Marathon to benefit the Riley Hospital Children’s Foundation, successfully raising $10,599.71. Students in several grades at WRV participated, some dancing, some painting faces and others manning tables heaped with goods for purchase, all done in the name of love...
Shake, Williams seeking District 5 seat on UDWI REMC boardIncumbent Roger Shake and Mike Williams seek the District 5 seat on the Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC Board of Directors. A Linton native, Shake and his wife Cleta have owned and operated a farm southwest of Linton for 39 years. The couple have two sons, Lucas and Casey, and a grandson, 18-month-old Silas...
Four newcomers seeking UDWI REMC District 8 seatFour new candidates are on the ballot for Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC’s election of board of directors in District 8. The District 8 board seat was previously held by Jack Norris, who resigned in December. The four candidates are Jeff Doris, Sophie Haywood, Steve Lindsey and Scott Sargent...
Our Opinion: Lack of action brings no changeImagine this: sitting in a gymnasium with roughly 300 students in grades 7-12 and not a word was spoken from the second they walked in the door. No shushing from frustrated teachers, reminding their class they are attending an important convocation. You can even hear a quiet whisper of a staff member saying in your ear, “You’ll never hear it this quiet again.”...
UDWI REMC adds voting optionsREMC aims to make voting easier for members this year by adding several voting options not previously offered. Three Board of Directors seats are up for election this year: District 5, District 7 and District 8. As always, members will be able to cast their votes at REMC’s annual meeting Saturday, April 14 from 8 to 11 a.m. ...
- On the precipice of another firearms deer season (11/17/17)
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)