Vote at UDWI REMC annual meetingUtilities District of Western Indiana REMC will host its annual meeting Saturday, April 8 at White River Valley High School. Doors will open at 10:30 a.m. and the meeting will begin at 1 p.m. This year, the UDWI REMC Board of Directors seats for districts one, two and three are up for re-election. The board of directors are chosen by the member-owners on a rotating basis at the annual meeting...
Knust, Burger seeking District 1 seat on UDWI REMC boardTwo individuals are seeking the seat in District 1 on the Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC Board of Directors, including incumbent Jack Knust and first-time candidate David Burger. Knust said he is hoping to continue his time on the UDWI REMC Board of Directors because electricity has long been a passion of his and he has hopes to continue finding ways to reduce rates...
WRV Board approves of purchasing new busThe White River Valley School Board heard a request from the transportation department regarding the purchase of a new minibus. According to WRV Superintendent Bob Hacker, the purchase was discussed in the January meeting of the board. Transportation Director Jason Walton stated he took bids to replace bus number three, which is starting to show its age...
LPD thanks citizens for cooperationLinton Police Chief Troy Jerrell credited the residents of Linton for making extra patrols on the northeast side of town much easier. Jerrell updated the Linton City Council on the status of the patrols of the rights-of-way and alley through-ways which came as part of a cooperative effort with the updated plan and grants awarded to the city...
Worthington town council tables animal ordinance, againIn a well attended yet mostly unproductive meeting, the Worthington Town Council failed to resolve their latest bone of contention, the animal ordinance issue. The council discussed old business, such as ownership of the town cemetery, which was tabled for yet another month, and then, in keeping with the decision made last month, heard suggestions proposed by council President Malcolm Stahl, one created by board member Tom Franklin and another submitted by a resident perhaps affected the most, Kyle Rogers.. ...
Weimer, Carpenter seeking District 2 seat on UDWI REMC boardEditor's note: This is part two of a series detailing the three seats up for election on the UDWI REMC Board of Directors. Part one can be found here An incumbent and newcomer will be vying for the District 2 seat on Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC Board of Directors at the annual meeting April 8...
WRV High School hopes to help fill Indiana’s 'fastest growing industry'White River Valley Junior-Senior High School (WRV) hosted both parents and students on Wednesday evening to present information about new course curriculum being offered which enables students to earn college credits for free. Representatives of Conexus Ind., several WRV guidance counselors, WRV Guidance Director, Amy R. ...
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)