WRV board recognizes student athlete achievementThe White River Valley School Board recognized student athletes for their accomplishments. The board recognized track competitor Abby Denham for her performance at the state competition and the baseball team for winning the school’s first sectional after a 0-18 regular season...
Solsberry man facing attempted murder charge after allegedly running man over with vehicleA Solsberry man is facing a preliminary charge of attempted murder after allegedly running his father-in-law over with a car last weekend, according to a press release issued by the Bloomfield Police Department . Ryan Christopher Vandeventer, 21, is facing preliminary charges of Level 1 felony attempted murder, Level 3 felony aggravated battery and Class A misdemeanor invasion of privacy...
LSSC to open tennis courts to publicLinton-Stockton School Corporation hopes to have the tennis courts on campus open for public use by next Thursday. Superintendent Nick Karazsia said the reason the courts have been unavailable for public use until this point is because there was still work to be done and they did not want to void any warranties should there be damage to the court...
WRV prepares for machining ‘boot camp’White River Valley High School will be hosting a “boot camp” for its new machining program. The Skills for Success course, sponsored by Purdue University, will begin July 24 and run until Aug. 4. Upon completing the course, 20 students will receive the Purdue University Certificate of Learning, an OSHA 10 Certification and a MSSC Production Technician Quality Credential...
Linton Chamber welcomes Miner DinerThe Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce welcomed a new member on Thursday with a ribbon cutting. The Miner Diner, located on SR 54 next to First Security Insurance, is owned by Holly and Gary White. They are open 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, and 6 a.m. ...
Next up at Shawnee Theatre: Crimes of the HeartThe Shawnee Theatre in Bloomfield continues its 58th season with the tragicomedy, “Crimes of the Heart,” directed by Bretteney Beverly and featuring Aubrey Seader as Lenny, Betsy Baer as Meg, Kristen Phaneuf as Babe, Zach Phaneuf as Barnette, Adam Michael Lewis as Doc Porter and Courtney Slough as Chick. ...
Updated Linton Freedom Festival scheduleSaturday, July 1 Bracelet cost: $20 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Classic Car Show - Humphreys Park 6:30-8 p.m.: Baby Freedom, Miss Sparkler and Mr. Firecracker Contests - Humphreys Park Band Shell 8 p.m.: Old School Project - Humphreys Park Band Shell Sunday, July 2...
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)