Council stalls vote on Innkeeper’s taxThe Greene County Council postponed its vote on the proposed Innkeeper’s Tax in order to further discuss the topic. While the proposed tax has been brought before the council multiple times in the past, Greene County Economic Development Executive Director Brianne Jerrels said this would be her final presentation on the matter. ...
Congressman Bucshon stops in Linton, meets with LPDEighth District Congressman Larry Bucshon was visiting the area this week and stopped at the Linton Police Department to thank the officers for their service. “I’m a big supporter of what law enforcement does every day,” Bucshon said while in Linton Monday afternoon...
WRV board approves of extending school hoursThe White River Valley School Board approved of extending school hours for the 2017-2018 school year during its regular board meeting Monday evening. According to WRV Superintendent Bob Hacker, the decision was proposed at the programs committee to help adjust for the middle school reading blocks, as well as transporting eighth grade students to the high school for specials in industrial tech, agriculture, art and college and career readiness...
Bloomfield Pool designs underwayThe Bloomfield Pool Technical Review Committee (TRC) gathered together at the Bloomfield Fire Station before visiting the site with Gary Novitski, Vice President of RenoSys on Thursday afternoon. RenoSys was the only design-build contractor to reply to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) which the town publsihed about a month ago with the help of Brian Bullock of Beam, Longest, Neff (BLN)...
Lady Miners rally to beat Owen Valley 10-5The Lady Miners dug themselves out of a four-run hole Thursday evening in a shome oftball game with Owen Valley. Owen Valley (2-6) scored one run in the second and three in the third to take a 4-0 lead. Linton (3-4) put up three in the bottom of the fourth, but the Lady Patriots countered with a singleton run to go up 5-3. Linton exploded for five runs in the fifth and sealed the win with two in the sixth...
- Looking for a friend named Josh (3/17/17)
- Its all about the smiles (1/20/17)
- Ducks and rain = great times (12/2/16)
- A great hunting dog is a treasure indeed (10/6/16)
- Its always an adventure on the river (9/16/16)
- Make mine a double (6/2/16)
- Turkey season is once again upon us (4/25/16)
- A story of redemption: my path back to Christ (2/19/16)6
- Beauregard the bunny chasing chow (1/28/16)2
- Thoughts on a tough duck season and new friends (12/30/15)
- Another first for Ayrton (12/12/15)
- Good luck to area hunters on Saturday (11/13/15)
- Heads up! Carp coming your way (10/17/15)
- Ayrton's first squirrel hunt (9/12/15)
- Ill-fated camping trip (8/14/15)
- The country boy and the wanderer; My introduction to the outdoors (8/7/15)1
- There's a snake in my boat! (7/31/15)1
- In pursuit of the Scourge of the Tundra (7/23/15)
- To gig a frog (more accurately how not to) (7/17/15)
- One man's trash is another man's treasure (7/10/15)1
- A long time in the making... (and catfishing) (6/25/15)