Last week, Patti Danner wrote a top 10 list in which I learned a few new things about her and got some giggles in the process. So, I decided to do my own list.
When I first sat down to write this list, I suddenly forgot who I was and couldn’t think of any fun facts about myself. But, with the help of some family and friends, I even came up with a bonus. I hope you enjoy and learn some fun facts about me!
• I had a very active imagination as a child. My dad always told me this story about how I’d tell them I was decapitated in a past life, and I’d talk to my kids, Ossie Possie and Oosie Goosie.
• I had a nose job. OK, not exactly, but I did have surgery on my nose. A picture frame shattered on my head while I was working in the mall and the glass sliced my nose. I have an indented scar all the way down my nose.
• I don’t like covering my feet or having my feet touched. I don’t care if it’s subzero temperatures, I’d rather have frostbite than cover my feet. If you come in to the office to talk to me, chances are I’m barefoot. As a matter of fact, I’m barefoot while writing this.
• I’m, like, so OCD. Not the cliche perfectionist type. I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder several years ago, which manifests personally as Trichotillomania. You should look it up.
• I got my first tattoo in someone’s kitchen for a roll of quarters. Note: she was a professional artist getting ready to move away and had just sold her shop.
• When I was about 12, my dad gave my sister, cousin and I “creative control” of the blender as long as we promised to eat whatever we made. FYI pureed hot dogs, ketchup and relish is not OK.
• I don’t like when most foods touch. I have to make my way around the plate. I use more dishes than I need to because I have to put runny side dishes in a separate container so it doesn’t touch the rest of my stuff. Maybe I can blame it on the blender incident.
• I have a tendency to zone out during a conversation, no matter how important. I’ll still be looking you straight in the eyes, nodding like I fully understand, then snap-to and realize I missed a good 30 seconds of conversation. This is why I almost always ask to record an interview.
• If I see a wasp, I will run and scream like a pansy. I learned the hard way several years ago that I’m allergic. Not deathly allergic, just allergic enough to get stung and my entire eyelid will swell and not be able to see for three days. Literally.
• I loathe the very existence of bananas. I hate the smell, taste and texture. The mooshiness gives me the heeby-jeebies. But, sometimes I do like banana bread if it’s fixed properly.
I love commercials. I’m one of those weirdos who only watches the Super Bowl for the commercials. I love the quick quips and creativity that companies come up with to catch our attention.
Sabrina is the editor of the Greene County Daily World. She can be reached at email@example.com.