Matthew Victor Pace: the true MVP
What is it about the sweet smile of a drooling, toothless toddler that can spark such joy in a person’s soul? That can turn the crappiest of dreary days into a field of sunshine and wildflowers?
I honestly haven’t the foggiest notion, but that’s what happens every time Nate and/or Emily bring in their son for a visit to the newsroom. They always make a stop at my office, usually after he is snatched up by the baby-crazy Savannah or Loretta, but I always get my turn to talk some gibberish and make him give me a smile.
And his smiles are just magical, pure and insanely filled with love and admiration, you can’t help but feel like you’ve been chosen by an angel to receive them.
Matthew is being raised by two very sincere and honestly loving people, and maybe that’s what fills his heart with honest love that beams out through his smile. It just makes you want to smile, almost like it’s as infectious as a yawn can be.
I’m including an example of it here, so you can see what I mean.
Maybe if we could bottle up a smile like that and send it to everyone in the world, this could be heaven on earth. Sigh.
The little stinker doesn’t even know it, but he’s already a force of good in the world. At least in my world, he is. Thank you Matthew, we all owe ya one.
Patti is Editor of the Greene County Daily World. She loves kitty-cats, chocolate anything and watching X-Files or the Walking Dead. If you would like to share a story (or some chocolate) or just make a friend, she can be reached at email@example.com.
- *NOT* your daily horoscope! Again! (11/29/22)
- Denial is my coping mechanism and it works for me (11/10/22)
- A new companion (9/16/22)
- Iím probably on a ferryboat with McDreamy right now (8/5/22)
- Mistacks are proof you are trieing (7/29/22)1
- (re)mission accomplished! (6/16/22)1
- From the paws of Meep (3/11/22)
Posting a comment requires free registration:
- If you already have an account, follow this link to login
- Otherwise, follow this link to register