As I sit here thinking of all the things I need to pass along to all taxpayers, the one thing I want to make sure you know is that you are appreciated and an important part of a puzzle that keeps the county together. Always know that it’s a team effort to make things better and you are a part of that team.
Tax season is quickly approaching and we are working tirelessly to give you options to pay your tax bills outside of the courthouse. We want it to be easier, more convenient and less like a dreaded experience. No one particularly cares for paying taxes but it’s a necessary part of the puzzle to make this county run.
So here are the options we propose to you for tax payments:
• Online payments at www.co.greene.in.us and simply click the online payments section. E-check will only charge you $1.50 for up to $50,000. Contact the office if you need me to raise the amount. This is done on a case-by-case basis. If you chose to use a debit or credit card, there is a 2.5 percent fee assessed by the vendor. We do not collect these fees.
• We have a completely automated phone payment. Simply dial 1-877-690-3729. The jurisdiction code is 2443. Make sure that you have your parcel number(s) ready for this payment.
• First Financial Bank will accept payments two weeks prior to the due date. It needs to be the exact amount listed on the payment coupon(s) and can be made in Worthington, Sandborn and Dugger. Deadline of noon on the due date.
• Farmers and Mechanics will also accept payments in the exact amount listed on the coupon(s). Deadline of noon on the due date.
• Welcome to pay by cash or check in the office at no charge. We will accept credit or debit cards in the office but the same 2.5% is charged.
If you would like to follow along with your tax amounts and payment history, please research at www.greene.in.wthgis.com. This will also provide you with information about your property as well.
The tax bills will be in the mail not later than April 18, with a May 10th due date for the spring installment. The fall installment is due Nov. 13 this year as Veterans Day changed the way many offices close this year. Our office is closed Nov. 10 but we will be here on the 13.
Again, you can make multiple smaller payments all year around to avoid making two large payments.
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the members of the team that are working for you.
Heather Perry is the Chief Deputy of the office. She has several years of banking experience as well as a Level II Assessor-Appraiser. She has a great deal of knowledge in accounting, mapping and land division. She also has extensive knowledge in business personal property and farming. She has been a life-long resident of Greene County where she is raising her two girls, Olivia and Ayla, with her husband Andy.
Patrick Franklin is the second deputy in the Treasurer’s Office since April 2015. Patrick is native of Linton. He is the son of William C JR and Laverne Franklin. After graduating from Vincennes University with a degree in Business Administration, Patrick worked and lived in Evansville for 8 years and Nashville, Tenn. for eight years. Patrick currently resides back home in Linton. Patrick has 15 years of various collection experience as well as eight years in a collection law firm. Patrick is a member of the Assembly of God Church in Linton and is one of the leaders with the Children Ministry. Patrick enjoys playing basketball and chess and watching basketball and football. Patrick is engaged to be married this September.
Jamie Thompson is our part-time person. She has almost 20 years of business experience and personal property experience. She handled business accounts, invoices, collections and much more. Jamie has also been a lifelong resident of Greene County in which she resides with her children, Lexi and Quentin.
Always know that this office is here to help you. We will do all we can to resolve your concerns. We look forward to meeting everyone that comes in to see us during the tax collection process.
Nicole Stahl is the Greene County Treasurer. She can be contacted at Nicole.Cox@co.greene.in.us.