UPDATED: Bloomfield teacher arrested for alleged sexual encounter with student6
Main Source Bank of Linton presents $1000 check to GC Clothe a ChildMain Source Bank of Linton presented Linton Civitan’s Greene County Clothe a Child program with a check for $1000 on Friday. Branch Manager Jessica Soncrant said the bank donates to a charitable...
- Community Notes (10/22/16)
- Greene Gab Ep 10 (10/21/16)
- Community Notes (10/21/16)
- Bloomfield to continue online dual credit courses (10/20/16)
- GC Local Emergency Planning Committee exercise plan at annual meeting (10/20/16)
- LSSC superintendent provides detailed instructions for drop off, pick up and parking (10/20/16)
- Right to Life hosts pro-life dinner on Saturday (10/20/16)
- Community Notes (10/19/16)
- UPDATED: Five seek school board seats for Eastern Greene Schools (10/19/16)2
- Hall-O-Wheelin’ off road event Saturday at Redbird SRA (10/19/16)
Mary SmithMary Frances Smith, age 92, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Friday, Oct. 21 at Linton Nursing & Rehab Center. She was born in Linton on Jan.16, 1924, the daughter of Henry & Edith (Payne)...
Marion L. “Tuffy” JacksonMarion L. “Tuffy” Jackson, 80, of Newberry passed away Tuesday October 18, 2016 at his residence. Born December 11, 1935 in Scotland, Indiana the son of Paul C. and Agnus Marie (Duzan) Jackson....
James “Jim” Clayton SwanJames “Jim” Clayton Swan, 82, of Hymera, passed away at 8:35 a.m. Monday, Oct. 17, in his residence. He was born August 14, 1934 in Jasonville, to James Ernest “Criq” Swan and Nina (Arnold) Swan...
Nancy N LovelaceNancy N Lovelace, 79, of Linton, passed away on Friday, October 14. She was born on January 17, 1937, in Greene County, the daughter of Harley Lehman and Bessie McQuary Lehman. She was a member of...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/21/16)Mark Andrew Irons, 25, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. Bond is set at $20,000. Everett Allen Honchell, 42, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for contempt...
Linton Police Department activity log (10/21/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 15 incidents for service Friday, including one assist to other departments, eight assists to the public, one harassment, one P.O. violation, two thefts, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/20/16)Levi Cody Snowden, 19, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of theft. Bond is set at $52,000. Russell Lee Alsman, 29, Vincennes, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. Bond is set at...
Kelly SlavenAge is just a number?
By Patti DannerSweater weather is better weather
By Heidi PuckettFootball program is about more than sports
Sabrina StockrahmAdjusting to a large family
Jon SwabyA great hunting dog is a treasure indeed
Terry SchwinghammerHey, there’s a cross country meet this weekend!
By Billie HollandSTAY FOCUSED -THERE IS MUCH WORK TO DO
Larry VandeventerI see tinfoil and that is a good thing
Cheryl HamiltonNext Chamber meeting at YoDelicious
REMC Employees and RepresentativesThe real cost of not voting
Donna KluesnerDot and Eugene: A solo exhibition
Ask a Greene GardenerEliminating squash bugs in the garden
Our Opinion: It’s up to you to make a difference (10/17/16)With the deadline to register to vote in Indiana passing on Tuesday and the election looming in under four weeks, we would like to remind everybody if you’re registered to vote, it’s your duty to...
Our Opinion: Educate yourself before attending ‘Legalization Rally’ (10/7/16)Saturday will mark what we believe to be the first “Legalization Rally” to discuss the future of marijuana use in Indiana. While the topic continues to be controversial, we suggest doing some...
- County runners didn’t qualify for state finalsGreene County sent six county runners to the Brown County Semistate, but none qualified for the state championship Saturday at Terre Haute. Greene County girls who raced at Brown County were: Elizabeth Bredeweg, Shakamak, 26th place, 19 minutes, 41 seconds...
- Clay City beats back WRV challenge to win sectional
- WRV sweeps North Central in sectional semifinal
- Lady Eels jolt Bloomfield in three sets
- Sectional Champions! Lady Miners knock off Barr-Reeve
- Lady Miners hang on, advance to sectional final (10/22/16)
- Season comes to an end for Lady Thunderbirds (10/22/16)
- Miners run over Braves in sectional opener (10/22/16)
Community NotesSaturday, October 22 Lyons Legion Post 479 will have a fish fry with hush puppies, baked beans, potato salad and coleslaw. From 6-9 p.m. Open to the public Saturdays. Marco United Methodist Church is having a fund raiser for Jerry Brown to help him with medical expenses. The fund raiser will include chili soup, peanut butter/syrup sandwiches, dessert and drink starting at 4 p.m. for $6 for adults and children $3. Donations above cost will be greatly appreciated...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield