Inmate caught attempting to bring tobacco into WVCFCarlisle -- Wabash Valley Correctional Facility (WVCF) investigators got the drop…on a tobacco drop Monday. During a security check shortly after 5 a.m., Correctional Officer Scott McFerren found a...
NSA Crane announces cemetery visitationCRANE - Each Memorial Day, Naval Support Activity Crane allows area residents to pay their respects to family members buried at their 28 cemeteries. The installation continues this tradition May 29....
Hospital welcomes Barnes family for DAISY AwardsGreene County General Hospital welcomed Bonnie and Mark Barnes, co-founders of the DAISY Foundation for a unique award presentation recently. The DAISY Foundation is a national award program that...
- Clay SWCD to host Hoosier Riverwatch basic training
- ‘Build a Better World’ at the Worthington Jefferson Township Public Library
- WRV honors senior achievements
- Vincennes man charged with soliciting unregistered securities
- Community Notes (5/23/17)
- Open Arms 5K scheduled for June 3 (5/23/17)
- UDWI REMC talks changes, addresses concerns (5/23/17)2
- Hearing Aid Services moves locations (5/23/17)
- Community Notes (5/23/17)
- UDWI makes meetings more accessible (5/22/17)3
Roger W. SparksRoger W. Sparks, 62, of Bloomfield passed away Saturday May 20, 2017 at IU Health Hospice House in Bloomington. Born October 3, 1954 in Daviess County, Ind. the son of Willis Harold Sparks and Mary...
Perry “Jack” Thomas SummervillePerry “Jack” Thomas Summerville, age 81, of Lyons, passed away peacefully on Sunday, May 21, 2017, at Greene County General. He was born in Bicknell, Ind. on July 3, 1935, the son of Arthur...
Brenda K. WellingtonBrenda K. Wellington, age 67, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 20, 2017, at Lyons Health and Living Center. She was born in Linton on Jan. 2, 1950, the daughter of Marion Murl and...
Robert BaileyRobert "Bob" Bailey, 90, of Worthington passed away peacefully on March 17, 2017. He was preceded by Gerry, beloved wife of 68 years, who passed away in 2014 and son Gary (1976). He is survived by...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (5/23/17)Alexander James Reel, 22, Worthington, was arrested on preliminary charges of OWI and OWI involving endangerment. Bond is set at $4,000. Jerry Thomas Goodwin, 38, Spencer, was arrested on a warrant...
Linton Police Department activity log (5/22/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 69 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including one bank/residential alarm, five animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one battery, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (5/22/17)Devin Bradley Tatlock, 18, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of domestic battery. Bond is set at $5,000. Tracy Dean Laughlin, 44, Newberry, was arrested on a warrant for public...
Court News (5/23/17)Criminal Cases Grant Stamm, 21, Linton, Level 6 felony residential break and entry, Class A misdemeanor invasion of privacy Tyler Gadberry, 30, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor battery resulting in bodily injury Donna Sullivan, 63, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C misdemeanor operating while intoxicated, Class A misdemeanor operating with alcohol concentration of .15 or more...
Andrew ChristmanOffice pranks, part two: the attack of Travolta1
By Patti DannerThe human magnet, John Danner....1
Grant KarazsiaMurphy, you can have my house
Terry SchwinghammerA brand new tennis star1
Sabrina StockrahmFinding answers through small-town connections
Jon SwabyLooking for a friend named Josh
Larry VandeventerA Geezer Guide To Household Repairs
By Billy HollandHaving compassion on those less fortunate
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
- Late Laker rally sinks Clay City in sectionalCLAY CITY – The Shakamak Lakers scored two runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to capture a see-saw sectional affair at the Class A Clay City Softball Sectional on Monday evening. The Lakers edged past Clay City 9-7 in a game that finished just past 10 p.m. With the win, the Lakers will get a shot at redemption against a North Central (Farmersburg) team that topped Shakamak in the sectional title game 3-2 last season...
- Bloomfield loses in regional; Graf advances
- Three Greene County girls qualify for state track meet (5/23/17)1
- Bloomfield falls to North Central in pitcher’s duel (5/23/17)
- Lady Miners seven-run frame grounds Lady T-Birds (5/23/17)
- Shakamak survives Lady Wolverines to advance in sectional (5/23/17)
- Clayton Hoover makes regional field in discus (5/23/17)
- Shakamak splits two games to end regular season (5/23/17)
Community NotesWednesday, May 24 Greene County Coin Club will meet at the Bloomfield Community Building at 7 p.m. Dealers will set up at 6 p.m. The Linton Public Library will have Movie Madness at 6 p.m. with free popcorn and soda. Blessed Hope Baptist Church will host guest preacher J. R. Wright and his family, who are missionaries to Greenland, at 7 p.m. Blessed Hope Baptist Church is located 1/4 mile south of Jasonville, IN on SR 59...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
1966 Chevrolet Corvette $16,9991966 Chevrolet Corvette 327ci/300hp Hard Top, auto trans, needs new soft top, $16,999, firstname.lastname@example.org / 765-239-9236
Need a ride?Fares calculate as follows: $10 base fare $1 per mile from Worthington Post Office to your pickup. Meet there if possible. $1 per mile from pick-up to drop-off. Waiting for $0.25 per minute ($15 per hour) Return to pick-up $0...