The Linton Police Department responded on Wednesday to one fight, one utility after-hours call, one vandalism report, one disorderly conduct, three brush/fires, one transport documentation, one missing/runaway juvenile, two personal injury accidents, one lost and found, two medical/illnesses, two suspicious vehicles/persons and one reckless driver. The department also had one school/foot patrol and one traffic stop.
* March 20 -- A two-vehicle accident occurred when John Carrig, 55, Jasonville -- the driver of a 2000 Ford Econoline Van -- was traveling south on Main Street and was hit by a 1998 GMC driven by James A. Jarmin, 41, Linton. Carrig's vehicle was hit after Jarmin pulled out of the Save-A-Lot parking lot heading west. Jarmin stated in the report that he did not see Carrig's vehicle. Patrol Officer Heath Murray was the investigating officer.
* March 21 -- Julie Greentree, 970 NE I St., reported the theft of several items from her Oldsmobile Cutlass. She stated in the report that her car door was closed securely but not locked. Items taken were a drivers license, wallet, two social security cards, two insurance cards, $10, change and receipts. Patrol Officer Heath Murray is the investigating officer.
* March 21 -- Andrea M. Jeffrey, 970 I St. NE, reported the theft of items from her 1988 Grand Marquis. Items taken were some papers and a cup full of loose change. Patrol Officer Paul Clark is the investigating officer.
* March 22 -- Sarah Snow, rural Linton, reported the theft of a CD player from her 1997 Pontiac Sunfire. The incident occurred while her vehicle was parked at 970 NE I St. Patrol Officer Paul Clark is the investigating officer.
* March 22 -- Danny Leon Drake, 50, Newberry, was arrested by Patrol Officer Paul Clark on preliminary charges of public intoxication. He was transported to the Greene County Jail.