GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Sep. 16 -- Benny Lackey, 32, Bloomfield, was arrested for domestic battery, released on $1000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Sep. 24. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Skyler Pittman was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 17 -- Deric Dean George, 29, Owensburg, was arrested for domestic battery, released on $1000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Sep. 24. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jeremy Cook was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 18 -- Randal E. Crosley, 19, Jasonville, was arrested for theft. Bond is $1000. Linton Police Department Patrolman Jayson Smith was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department responded on Monday to one title check, three follow-up investigations, two information only, one drug investigation, one alarm, two animal complaints, three suspicious vehicles/persons, one theft/motor vehicle, two thefts/other, one domestic dispute, removed one animal/canine and provided one assist to another agency, one extra patrol, four school/foot patrols, one funeral escort and made two traffic stops.
* Sep. 17 -- Nathan P. Michael, Linton, reported the theft of a vehicle, or unauthorized control, after his wife loaned out a teal blue '93 Chevy Cavalier early on Sun., Sep. 16 along with a set of keys including their apartment key, all of which was not returned. The victims believe their car to be in the Indianapolis-Plainfield area with "Make it Happen 2008" on the back glass. Linton Police Department Officer Keith McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 17 -- Personnel of the Country Porch, SR 54 W, Linton, reported a subject drove off without paying for $47.35 worth of gasoline. There was a witness and the cashier was able to get a description of the vehicle and driver and said the vehicle left going northbound on SR 54. According to the LPD press release, when Jasonville Police Department Officer Brian Pilant located the vehicle on Main St. in Jasonville, the driver, Randal E. Crosley, 19, Jasonville, admitted driving off without paying. Crosley was placed into custody and transported to the Greene County Jail. Linton Police Department Patrolman Jayson Smith is the investigating officer. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputies Aaron Smith and Dured Townsend provided assistance.