GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Sep. 21 -- Karl J. Padgett, 19, Worthington, was arrested on a warrant and is being held without bond. Worthington Police Department Deputy Marshal Don Richardson was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 22 -- Kristina M. Vestal, 22, Midland, was arrested for public intoxication and released on $500 bond. Linton Police Department Patrolman H. Murray was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 23 -- Norman Jay Miller, 44, Linton, was arrested for battery with bodily injury. He has been released and is scheduled to appear in court on Sep. 28. Linton Police Department Corporal Chad Crynes was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 24 -- Sandra D. Tewell, 45, Vincennes, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana and is being held on $4000 bond. Linton Police Department Corporal Chad Crynes was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department responded Friday through Sunday to one trespassing, two medical/extractions, one follow-up investigation, four information only, one fight/bar and three other fights, two custody dispute/exchanges, three protective order violations, one public intoxication, two structure fires, one loitering, one missing/runaway juvenile, two accidents with personal injury, two lost and founds, five medical/illness, one animal complaint, two suspicious vehicles/persons, two burglaries, five harassment complaints, one bicycle theft, two other thefts, two welfare checks/concerns, two domestic disputes, one domestic/neighbor dispute, one open door/garage, two ordinance violations, one battery and provided one funeral escort, seven school/foot patrols, six extra patrols, one assist to another agency, and made eight traffic stops.
* Sep. 19 -- A Linton resident reported a man was still in his garage after he had refused permission for the man to stay in his garage. After officers arrived, Billy J. Utt, 26, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in connection with a previous class A misdemeanor charge of battery with injury. He was transported to Greene County Jail where he's being held without bond. Linton Police Department Patrolman Heath Murray was the investigating officer assisted by LPD Corporal Paul Clark.
* Sep. 22 - Shortly after midnight, police were dispatched to the Palace Bar on the corner of 1st St. and W. Vincennes St. due to a fight in progress in the road outside. The officers believed one of the females to be intoxicated and placed Kristina M. Vestal, 22, Midland, under arrest for public intoxication at which time she became combative. She was transported to the Greene County Jail. Linton Police Department Patrolman Heath Murray was the investigating officer assisted by LPD Corporal Chad Crynes.
* Sep. 22 -- Around 12:30 a.m., a clerk at the BP Station on SR 54 East reported a drive-off theft after a dark-haired female and a teenage boy in a blue Ford passenger car drove off without paying for $35.00 of fuel. Linton Police Department Corporal Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Sep. 22 -- A Linton resident on S.W. D St. reported the theft of a red Huffy bicycle with a black seat with a red snake on it and a black chain guard with a red snake on it too. Linton Police Department Patrolman Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 22 -- A Linton resident living in a mobile home on N.W. 11th St. reported a theft after her door was found open (no forced entry) and Terbutaline tablets were missing from her freezer. Linton Police Department Corporal Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Sep. 23 -- A burglary was reported to have occurred sometime between midnight and 8:00 a.m. at the Bibleway Church on E. Vincennes St. after a door on the south side of the building was found pried open. Inside the pastor's office, an ice pick had been stuck in the wall, a wedding ring was missing from a drawer, a box gone through, ceramic items broken, change missing and items moved. Also missing: a 1913 alto saxophone, Busher made in Elkhart with rust in bell and a black mouthpiece, and a 23-jeweled Bulova watch. Linton Police Department Patrolman Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 23 -- A burglary was reported to have occurred sometime between 6:00 p.m. on Sep. 22 and 7:50 a.m. Sep. 23 at the Cheapo Depo on S.E. A St. The rear door was broken open with a middle support removed. Items inside were in disarray. Linton Police Department Patrolman Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 23 -- An employee at Glenburn Home, Glenburn Road, reported an incident of criminal trespass after a person came to visit a resident. They had visited the resident last weekend and been asked to leave and not return at the request of the family. The visitor left without incident. Linton Police Department Corporal Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Sep. 24 -- Police investigated an accident at 1090 S. Main St. in Linton which occurred around 1:30 a.m. Jessica L. Gambill, 25, Dugger, was westbound on Baseline Road in a 1999 Jeep Wrangler and did not stop at the stop sign at Baseline and Main. The vehicle continued westbound across Main into a yard, striking a tree and then lawn furniture. The driver was transported to Greene County General Hospital after complaining of pain to her knee and being disoriented and shaking. Driver illness was listed as a contributing circumstance. Total damage was estimated at $10-25,000. Linton Police Department Patrolman Jayson Smith was the investigating officer assisted by LPD Corporal Chad Crynes and Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jeremy Inman.