GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Sep. 30 -- John Danner, 56, Linton, was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. He was released on bond. Indiana State Police Trooper John Yung was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department activity log for Friday through Sunday includes one trespassing, one breaking and entering, one vehicle repossession, five follow-up investigations, eight information only, one fight, two juvenile/delinquent, one school/foot patrol, one utility repair, one public intoxication, one vehicle fire, one transport/documentation, two accidents with personal injury, one property damage accident, three lost and founds, five medical/illness, two alarms, two animal complaints, three prowlers, one VIN check, three suspicious vehicles/persons, two assists to other agencies, one burglary, six harassment complaints, one child abuse/neglect, one traffic control, six extra patrols, four theft-other, one welfare check/concern, one motor vehicle theft, one 911 prank/false call, one assist to utility department, two domestic disputes, one domestic/neighbor, one battery and made seven traffic stops.
* Sep. 28 -- Carla J. Miller of Linton reported an auto theft at 4:55 p.m. Miller had parked her 2001 red Jeep Grand Cherokee behind Lamar Imaging, 1st and C St SW, Linton, to load merchandise. She went inside the store and left the vehicle unlocked with the keys in the ignition. When she returned one minute later, the vehicle was missing along with her purse, paychecks, checkbook and credit cards. The vehicle had a Linton Miner license plate on the front. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 29 -- The Murphy USA gas station on SR 54E reported a drive-off theft at 3:40 p.m. after a female driver in a mini-van drove off without paying for $60.04 worth of gasoline. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 30 -- The theft of $27 worth of gasoline and a gas can was reported after the can and the gas was taken from the open bed of a truck parked at the Fast Point Store in Linton by a man, approx. 6'1", 250 lbs, driving a '96 red Cherokee. LPD Patrolman Keith McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 30 -- A resident on SE I St. reported a burglary at a residence where the door had been kicked in, the apartment trashed and 8-10 bottles of wine missing. LPD Patrolman Keith McDonald is the investigating officer.