GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Sep. 2 -- Bobby L. Barnett, 30, Bedford, was arrested on a warrant and released on $4000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 12. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy John Fowler was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 2 -- Peter W. Kelly, 60, Linton, was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He's being held on $8000 bond. Linton Police Department Reserve Officer Brian Sparks was the arresting officer.
* Sep. 2 -- Ronald E. Bennett, 57, Indianapolis, was arrested on a warrant and is being held on $4000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Department Special Deputy Mark Richardson was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department activity log for Tuesday includes one minor consumption, one information only, one vehicle fire, one missing/runaway juvenile, one accident with personal injury, one accident with property damage, one medical/illness, two prowlers, one harassment complaint, one extra patrol, one theft-other, one welfare check/concern, one community relations and one ordinance violation.
* Sep. 2 -- Murphy USA, SR 54 E, reported a drive-off theft at 1:07 p.m. after a white male with brown hair, receding hairline and a goatee wearing a blue Hawaiian print shirt pumped $21.96 worth of gas into a red Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4-door with a luggage rack on top, bug guard on the front and dark gray on the bottom, and drove off without paying. The male had come inside the station and was waiting in line to pay but turned around and walked out. There were other passengers in the vehicle. Linton Police Department Patrolman Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Sep. 2 -- Vera Barnard, Linton, was taken to Greene County General Hospital for treatment to her lower right arm following an accident in a parking lot at 2215 Hwy. 54. She was attempting to park and believed the accelerator stuck. She swerved to miss a vehicle but struck another one, pushing it into several concrete poles. No other injuries were reported.