GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Nov. 27 -- Deputy Dured L. Townsend investigated an accident at 6:30 a.m. involving a collision with a deer. George L. Rollins of Newberry was east bound on SR 54 when a deer ran into the passenger side of his pickup.
* Nov. 27 -- Carole A. Myers, 35, Linton, was arrested on a warrant. Bond was set at $5,000. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Aaron Smith was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Tuesday included two frauds, two information only, one juvenile/delinquent, two accidents with personal injury, one accident with property damage, one lost and found, two medical/illness, one animal complaint, one theft-other, one message delivery, one bicycle theft, one welfare check/concern, one domestic dispute and one ordinance violation.
* Nov. 25 -- Police investigated an accident at 6:09 p.m. involving two vehicles on SR 54 W. at the intersection of 8th St. Brandon S. Jerrell, Linton was eastbound on SR 54 in a Plymouth Neon behind Cassandra Ford, Linton, in a Saturn Vue. Ford stopped for traffic at the intersection. Jerrell didn't see this in time to avoid a collision and slid into the back of Ford's car. Following too closely and rain on the road surface were listed as contributing circumstances. Property damage was estimated at $5,001-10,000. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts and no injuries were reported. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Nov. 26 -- Police investigated an accident at 8:20 a.m. involving two vehicles on N. Main St. at the intersection of F St. NE. Brandy L. Hyde, Linton, northbound on N. Main St. and making a left turn in a Ford Winstar, turned in front of William Bedwell, Linton, who was southbound on N. Main St. in a Ford F150 pickup. Both drivers said Hyde attempted to stop prior to the collision. Property damage was estimated at $2501-5000. Both drivers were wearing seat belts and no injuries were reported. It was raining and water on the roadway was listed as a contributing circumstance. LPD Chief Troy Jerrell was the investigating officer.
* Nov. 27 -- A resident on R.R. 2 reported their fiber optic tree was taken from their front yard during the night. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* Nov. 27 -- A resident on R.R. 2 reported a blue and silver Mongoose Outer Limit bicycle, with a small tear on the back of the seat, was taken from their front yard on Nov. 24. LPD Reserve Officer Harry Hovey was the investigating officer.