GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Jan. 18 -- One person was transported to Bloomington Hospital by the Greene County Ambulance Service following a one-vehicle accident at 9:50 a.m. on State Road 45 north of County Road 635 South. When Ashley Werner, 27, Jasper, was northbound on S.R. 45 from S.R. 58 in a 2006 Chevy Silverado, she encountered a patch of black ice while attempting to pass a semi-truck/trailer and then lost control of the vehicle. She left the roadway on the west side of S.R. 45 and went down an embankment, striking several small trees before coming to a stop. The Indiana State Highway Department was contacted with a request for sand on the roadway. Greene County Sheriff Terry D. Pierce was the investigating officer. Others assisting on the scene included GCSD Lt. Bryan Woodall, Greene County Ambulance E-1, Center Township Fire Department & Rescue and Owensburg Fire Department & Rescue.
* Jan. 17 -- Shad C. Collins, 33, Dugger, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond. Linton Police Department Patrolman Paul Clark was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included one trespassing, three information only requests, two assists to the utility department after hours, one drug investigation, two school/foot patrols, one structure fire, three accidents with property damage, one medical/illness, two harassment complaints, one disabled/stranded vehicle, one motor vehicle theft, one 911 prank/false call, one arrest of person wanted on a warrant, one animal/canine removed and two traffic stops.
* Jan. 17 -- A resident reported their car was extensively damaged, apparently by a hit-and-run driver. The driver's front quarter panel, the hood and the lights were all damaged. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Jan. 17 -- There were no injuries reported after an accident involving two vehicles at 7:50 a.m. on County Road 200 North approximately 800 feet from C.R. 1100 West. The entire roadway was covered in snow and ice when a deer crossed the path of Aaron L. Mitchell, 16, Bloomfield, driving a 2000 Dodge Neon. He stopped in the road way. Aaron Parker, 19, Linton, was behind Mitchell in a 1997 Ford F-150 truck and attempted to stop but slid into the rear of the car. There was minimal damage to Parker's truck but the entire rear end was smashed and both rear quarter panels were damaged on Mitchell's car. Estimated damage was $2500-5000. LPD Patrolman Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 18 -- A resident reported a red 2003 Honda 400EX four-wheeler worth about $3,000 was stolen from their carport in the early morning hours. LPD Patrolman Jayson Smith is the investigating officer.