GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Jan. 28 -- No injuries were reported after an accident involving two vehicles near the Bloomington Crane Gate at the intersection of State Roads 45 and 58 at 8:45 a.m. Timothy Wagler, 42, Loogootee, was traveling northbound in a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am leaving the Crane area attempting to enter the intersection. Joshua Helms, 33, Owensburg, was traveling westbound on S.R. 58 in a 2003 Dodge 2500 pickup. Helms stopped at the intersection, looked both ways and observed vehicles coming up to the stop signs. He thought they were going to stop so he started into the intersection. Wagler said he stopped at the stop sign but did not see Helms so he started into the intersection. The two collided but both were wearing seat belts and were uninjured. GCSD Lt. Bryan K. Woodall was the investigating officer. The Crane Police Department assisted on the scene.
* Jan. 29 -- No injuries were reported after a deer ran into the path of Jim Villain of Linton driving a 2000 Ford Ranger at 3:50 a.m. westbound on State Road 54 near County Road 1000 W., also known as Lone Tree Road. He was unable to avoid hitting the deer. GCSD Deputy Dured Townsend was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 28 -- Baysul S. Buckner, 41, Bloomfield, was arrested for failure to appear and was being held without bond. Worthington Police Department Reserve Officer Tom Colvin was the arresting officer.
* Jan. 28 -- James A. Bowlen, 23, Nashville, was arrested on a preliminary charge of domestic battery and was being held on $1,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy John Fowler was the arresting officer.
* Jan. 28 -- Anthony L. Bennett, 20, Indianapolis, was arrested on a petition to revoke and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy John Fowler was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one breaking and entering, one vehicle repossession, one medical/extraction, four requests for information only, two assists to the utility department after hours, one school/foot patrol, two death investigations, two accidents with property damage, one lost and found, four medical/illness, one alarm, four animal complaints, one extra patrol, two thefts-other, one animal/debris in roadway and one arrest-wanted on warrant.