GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Feb. 4 -- Jerry Anderson, 61, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of public intoxication and was being held on $500 bond. Linton Police Department Cpl. Chad Crynes was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 4 -- Frankie L. Cox, Jr., 51, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of dealing marijuana in an amount over 30 grams and dealing in a controlled substance and was being held without bond. Linton Police Department Patrolman Heath Murray was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 4 -- Carolin J. Cox, 53, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of dealing marijuana in an amount over 30 grams and dealing in a controlled substance and was being held without bond. Linton Police Department Patrolman Heath Murray was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 4 -- Leeda M. Glidden, 64, Solsberry, was arrested on preliminary charges of pointing a firearm and criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, and released Feb. 5 on $8,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Skyler Pittman was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 4 -- Joseph L. Champion, 18, Brazil, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Terry Wade was the arresting officer.
Feb. 5 -- No injuries were reported after an accident at 7:30 a.m. involving a truck and a deer on State Road 54 west of County Road 250 West. Kenneth Stalcup, 62, Switz City, was eastbound on S.R. 54 in a 2004 Ford F-150 pickup when two deer entered the roadway from the north. They ran right in his path and he could not avoid a collision with one of the deer. GCSD Deputy Terry L. Wade was the investigating officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log on Monday included one license plate check, one identity theft, one fraud, two requests for information only, four drug investigations, one shots fired, two accidents with personal injury, two medical/illness, two alarms, one animal complaint, one V.I.N. check, one assist to another agency, one harassment complaint, two possibly intoxicated drivers, two extra patrols, two thefts-other, one message delivery, one fingerprint for a gun permit and two traffic stops.
* Feb. 4 -- An accident involving two vehicles at 8:30 a.m. on W. Vincennes St. at the intersection with Fourth St. was caused by failure to yield. Wendy Bailey, 25, Linton, was northbound on Fourth St. in a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix and stopped at the intersection with Vincennes St. but did not see any oncoming traffic and proceeded into the intersection. She collided with James Hancock, 51, Linton, who was westbound on Vincennes in a 1992 Chevrolet Lumina. Hancock complained of pain in the chest area. Seat belts were in use. Damage was estimated at $5000-10,000. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 4 -- A resident reported her purse was missing but wasn't sure if was lost or stolen. The purse includes a black wallet with butterflies on it with a Crane Visa, a social security card, an ID card, cash and various other papers and cards with the name Bresach. If found, please contact the Linton Police Department at 847-4411. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 4 -- A resident reported a regulator with a quick change release was taken from a gas grill and tank. The resident said the regulator was cut from the hose lines while the grill was sitting on their front porch. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 4 -- Jerry Anderson, 61, Linton, was arrested at approximately 9:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Wolfe's Gym on State Road 54 West. According to the police report, Anderson was sitting in his vehicle in the lot and when an officer approached, he observed Anderson drinking a Budweiser beer and determined he was intoxicated. Anderson was taken into custody on a preliminary charge of public intoxication and booked into the Greene County Jail where bond was set at $500. Public intoxication is a class B misdemeanor. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the arresting officer.