GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Feb. 11 -- No injuries were reported after a car-deer collision at 7:30 p.m. Jeannie Mowery, 67, Bloomfield, was eastbound in a 2001 Lincoln Town Car on County Road 400 South, just east of U.S. 231, when a deer ran out in front of the car and she was unable to avoid a collision. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Skyler Pittman was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 12 -- Amber Miller, 42, Linton, was southbound in a 1994 Mazda car on State Road 54 north of County Road 150 South when the vehicle began to slide due to the slush and ice on the roadway. The car traveled off the west side of the road and struck a driveway culvert before coming to a rest in a private yard. Miller was transported to Bloomington Hospital by Emergency One for minor injuries. The Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Terry L. Wade was the investigating officer. Greene County Ambulance Service, Center Township Fire and Rescue and Ray's Wrecker Service assisted on the scene.
* Feb. 12 -- Christine Freeman, 35, Bloomington was westbound in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix on State Road 58 east of S.R. 45 when her vehicle began sliding due to snow and ice on the roadway. She attempted to gain control but was unable to before the car spun 180 degrees and came to rest on a guardrail on the north side of the roadway. No injuries were reported. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Terry L. Wade was the investigating officer. The Jackson Township Fire Department and Owensburg Auto assisted on the scene.
* Feb. 11 -- William N. Hutcherson, 43, Worthington, was arrested on a body attachment and was released on $500 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Skyler Pittman was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one driver's license check, one license plate check, three follow-up investigations, 11 requests for information only, one assist to the utility department after hours, one incident of vandalism, one school/foot patrol, one accident with property damage, two funeral escorts, one medical/illness, four animal complaints, one assist to another agency, one harassment complaint, two fingerprints for gun permits and one domestic dispute.
* Feb. 11 -- An incident of criminal mischief was reported by the Linton-Stockton School at 9:30 a.m. The school had been struck in several places with paintballs in brick areas of the building. The damage occurred sometime over the weekend. No other damage was noted. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
Feb. 11 -- Police are investigating the theft of electricity at a trailer court located on 11th St. NW. Two abandoned trailers, that have been empty for awhile, have power and people have been seen entering the trailers. Meter cases were cut open and one meter was inserted upside down. The landlord has been notified. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.