GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Feb. 19 -- Amanda M. Kobus, 25, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of theft, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 25. Bloomfield Police Department Deputy Marshal Shane Smith was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log on Tuesday included one license plate check, six requests for information only, one assist to the utility department after hours, two protective order violations, one transport of documentation, one accident with property damage, two medical/illness, three alarms, one animal complaint, three suspicious vehicles/persons, one extra patrol, two thefts-other, one welfare check/concern, one ordinance violation and five traffic stops.
* Feb. 18 -- Police are investigating a case of hit-n-run which occurred at 3:50 - 4:50 p.m. in a dentist's parking lot. When a local resident returned to their vehicle after an appointment, they noticed their 2003 Pontiac Grand Am had been damaged on the driver's front quarter panel. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 19 -- Police are investigating a case of hit-n-run which occurred in the 200 block of H St. NE sometime after 10 p.m. on Feb. 18 but before 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 19. A resident said a vehicle had struck a phone box and then got stuck in their yard leaving deep ruts behind. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 19 -- A Linton resident reported incidents of invasion of privacy after her ex-husband contacted her at her workplace saying and text-messaging curse words over the telephone. A protective order is in effect against the ex-husband who lives in Vincennes. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 19 -- Police are investigating an incident of theft which occurred around 1 p.m. at the Wal-Mart store after security personnel saw a 19-year-old woman placing clothes into her purse then left the store without paying. Charges are expected to be sent to the prosecutor's office. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.