GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Feb. 27 -- No injuries were reported after an accident involving two vehicles at 7:25 a.m. at the intersection of State Roads 445 and 54. Jacob Crites, 16, Solsberry, was westbound on S.R. 445, preparing to turn onto S.R. 54, in a red 2004 Ford Explorer while Alvin Graber, 63, Odon was northbound on S.R. 54 approaching S.R. 445 in a blue 2002 Ford F-350. Crites failed to yield to Graber's vehicle. Crites reported that his vehicle had stalled prior to entering S.R. 54 and it slid into the path of Graber's vehicle. GCSD Deputy J. Aaron Smith was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 28 -- One person was treated by emergency medical technicians, then released, after a one vehicle accident at 8:51 a.m. on State Road 43, south of County Road 250 North in Center Township. Justin E. Cox, 24, Solsberry, was northbound on S.R. 43 in a tan 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier when he began sliding on a curve due to wet road conditions. The vehicle spun 180 degrees then traveled off the east side of the roadway and came to rest when it struck a tree. Cox was treated on the scene but signed a release and was not transported to a hospital. GCSD Deputy Terry L. Wade was the investigating officers. Others who assisted on the scene included the Greene County Ambulance Service, Center Township Fire Department and Ray's Towing Service.
* Feb. 27 -- Dane R. Bolin, 20, Lyons, was arrested for a probation violation and was being held without bond. Lyons Police Department Town Marshal Ron Sparks was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 27 -- Timothy W. Pruitt, 29, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of domestic battery and was being held on $1,000 bond. Linton Police Department Cpl. Chad Crynes was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 28 -- Brian D. Huber, 47, Martinsville, was arrested on a warrant out of Morgan County in connection with nine counts of methamphetamine-related charges. His bond was $320,000. Huber has been transferred out of Greene County Jail to Morgan County authorities. Linton Police Department Det. Josh Goodman was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log on Wednesday included one medical/extraction, two follow-up investigations, one request for information only, one juvenile/delinquent, one assist to the utility department after hours, two school/foot patrols, one reckless driving complaint, one accident with personal injury, one accident with property damage, one assist to another agency, two complaints of harassment, one domestic battery, one welfare check/concern, one 911 prank or false call, one domestic dispute, one animal/canine removed, two incidents of battery and one traffic stop.
* Feb. 27 -- Police arrested Timothy W. Pruitt, 29, Linton, at approximately 9:45 p.m. on a preliminary charge of domestic battery. The police report says they responded to a complaint from the victim that she and her husband had gotten into a verbal disagreement over her being on the computer at their residence at 1050 E. Vincennes St. She then attempted to leave the residence but there was a confrontation at the front door. The victim said Pruitt started pushing her, then kicked her in the leg. Pruitt was transported to Greene County Jail where bond was set at $1,000. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer with Patrolman Heath Murray providing assistance.