GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Feb. 27 -- Christopher Maynard, 23, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of criminal confinement, interfering with the reporting of a crime and battery. He was released on Feb. 28 on $5,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Mar. 3. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jeremy Inman was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 28 -- Rondal L. Eaton, Jr., 38, Indianapolis, was arrested on a warrant. Bond was set at $500. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy John Fowler was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 28 -- Michael L. Haldeman, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant out of Morgan County and was being held without bond. Linton Police Department Det. Josh Goodman was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 28 -- Timothy B. Harris, 25, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was being held on $1,000. Greene County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jeremy Inman was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included four license plate checks, one fraud, one follow-up investigation, three requests for information only, one drug investigation, two school/foot patrols, one brush fire, two accidents with property damage, one lost and found, six medical/illness, two animal complaints, one complaint of harassment, two domestic disputes and two traffic stops.
* Feb. 28 -- Police are investigating a case of fraud after $149.99 was withdrawn from a resident's account at a local bank without their knowledge or consent. LPD Patrolman Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 28 -- No injuries were reported after an accident involving three vehicles occurred at 8:14 a.m. on 5th St. N.W. at the intersection with State Road 54. Kenneth E. Ricketts, 46, Sullivan, was eastbound on S.R. 54 in a 1986 Buick Electra, turning north onto 5th St. N.W. Rickie R. Thompson, 56, Linton, was stopped at the red light on 5th St. N.W., in the left turn lane facing south, in a 1990 Ford Ranger. Wendell R. Bays, 74, Linton, was westbound on S.R. 54 in a 1991 Chevrolet S10. Ricketts turned left into the path of Bays and the Bays vehicle then struck the Ricketts vehicle, pushing it into the Thompson vehicle. Total damage was estimated at $5,000-10,000. Failure to yield was listed as the primary cause of the accident. LPD Patrolman Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 28 -- No injuries were reported after a one-vehicle accident at 9:15 a.m. on State Road 54. Sally E. Scholl, 74, Linton, was driving through the rear of the Wal-Mart parking lot in a 2000 Buick Century when the vehicle struck a large trash dumpster. The air bags deployed. The driver suffered a small cut but refused medical treatment. Total damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000. Unsafe speed was listed as the primary cause of the accident. LPD Patrolman Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.