LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included one follow-up investigation, seven requests for information only, one vandalism, one custody dispute/exchange, one protective order violation, one shots fired, one disorderly conduct, three accidents with property damage, one funeral escort, 10 medical/illness, two alarms, five animal complaints, one VIN check, five assists to other agencies, three harassment complaints, one domestic battery, four possibly intoxicated drivers, two reckless drivers, three thefts-other, four welfare checks/concerns, one assist to the utility department, one fingerprint for a gun permit, one domestic dispute, one ordinance violation and seven traffic stops.
* March 28 -- A Worthington woman reported her purse had been taken from her car either at the BP gas station or at the hospital when the car was left unlocked. The wine basket purse was reported worth $250 and it contained $60 cash and her ID cards. LPD Det. Josh Goodman was the investigating officer.
* March 30 -- A resident on 11th St. NW reported their mailbox had been damaged sometime after 2 a.m. It appeared to have been hit with a baseball bat. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* March 30 -- Police are investigating a report of a possible fraud after a resident reported a male suspect had scammed their elderly mother out of some cash. The suspect came to the victim's residence and asked her for money owed to him. The victim is an Alzheimer's patient and gave the man the money. The daughter reported her mother did not owe this money. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes is the investigating officer.
* March 30 -- Samantha Bowersock, 20, Jasonville, was cited and released for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor after she was stopped at State Road 43 and 3rd St. NE for a traffic violation of following too close at 2 a.m. The officer reported that while he was speaking to her, he noticed the odor of an alcoholic beverage and she tested .02% BAC and was not 21 years of age. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer. Patrolman Jayson Smith and Reserve Officer Kent Medlock assisted on the scene.
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* March 28 -- Joshua M. Fields, 27, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant, released and scheduled to appear in court on June 23. Greene County Sheriff's Det. George Dallaire was the arresting officer.
* March 28 -- Matthew D. Spencer, 33, Shelburn, was arrested on a warrant from another county. Greene County Sheriff's Reserve Officer Rick Marques was the arresting officer.
* March 30 -- Tracy L. Stewart, 36, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of three counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on April 4. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Inman was the arresting officer.
* March 31 -- Jeremiah E. Damron, 23, Linton, was arrested for failure to appear and was being held without bond. Jasonville Police Officer Ryan VanHorn was the arresting officer.