GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* April 18 -- James D. Vestal, 34, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of disorderly conduct, failure to stop, and operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was being held on $6,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Terry Wade was the arresting officer.
* April 18 -- Aaron L. Lake, 37, Spencer, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated-refusal, driving while suspended with a prior, and resisting law enforcement with a vehicle. Bond was set at $9,000. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Harvey Holt was the arresting officer.
* April 19 -- Roy L. Frye, 29, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of failure to register as a sex offender, released on $10,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on April 25. Bloomfield Town Marshal Ken Tharp was the arresting officer.
* April 19 -- Jason M. Strandberg, 29, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated-refusal, and was being held on $4,000 bond. Linton Police Department Patrolman Heath Murray was the arresting officer.
* April 19 -- Ricky R. Lawrence, 49, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, driving while suspended and leaving the scene of an accident, and was being held on $9,500 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Chris McDonald was the arresting officer.
* April 20 -- Larry D. Watt, 49, Linden, Ind., was arrested on a warrant, released on $2,500 bond and scheduled to appear in court on April 25. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Brian Woodall was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included two requests for information only, two bar fights, four incidents of vandalism, one accident with personal injury, one accident with property damage, one lost and found, three medical/illness, two alarms, four animal complaints, three suspicious vehicles/persons, six assists to other agencies, two harassment complaints, one child abuse/neglect, one possibly intoxicated driver, one reckless driver, one extra patrol, two thefts-other, one lost/stolen license plate, one animal/debris in roadway, one message delivery, one arrest-wanted on warrant, one assist to the fire department, three domestic disputes, two domestic dispute/neighbor, one community relations, three ordinance violations and three traffic stops.
* April 19 -- Incidents of harassing phone calls at all hours of the night were reported by a resident who has requested a trap. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* April 20 -- A drive-off theft was reported at Murphy USA gas station after a younger male in an older black and silver Chevy pumped $62.01 worth of gasoline then drove without paying. Another customer followed the vehicle to get license plate information. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the arresting officer.
* April 18 -- Police are investigating an incident of "hit and run" after a resident reported their orange Pontiac Sunfire vehicle had been struck while they were inside Wal-Mart or Goody's sometime after 10 a.m. Blue paint was left behind by the suspect vehicle. LPD Det. Josh Goodman is the investigating officer.
* April 20 -- An attempted break-in was reported by a resident on North Main St. after they found their front door had been kicked and the door jam was busted and bent sometime after 9 p.m. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* April 20 -- A resident reported a dog bite incident around 8:20 p.m. on J St. N.W. The dog was owned by a family member and was being fed when the bite occurred. The dog was secured at 9:45 p.m. inside of the home. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen and animal control officer and LPD Patrolman Chuck Botsford were the investigating officers.