GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* April 25 -- James J. Jennings, 37, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of theft, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on April 29. Greene County Sheriff's Reserve Deputy Rick Marques was the arresting officer.
* April 26 -- Aaron M. Byers, 34, Elnora, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated-refusal, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on May 2. Greene County Sheriff's Reserve Deputy Bob Richardson was the arresting officer.
* April 26 -- Debbie L. Pegg, 36, bloomfield , was arrested on preliminary charges of battery with injury and criminal mischief, released on $1,500 bond on April 27 and scheduled to appear in court on May 2. Greene County Sheriff's Reserve Deputy Jason Crouch.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included one follow-up investigation, five requests for information only, one juvenile/delinquent, one assist to the utility department after hours, two incidents of vandalism, three protective order violations, one public intoxication, one vehicle fire, one brush fire, one complaint of reckless driving, two accidents with property damage, one funeral escort, six medical/illness, five animal complaints, three suspicious vehicles/persons, eight assists to other agencies, one harassment complaint, one child abuse/neglect, one attempted burglary, five thefts-other, one animal/debris in roadway, one 911 prank or false call, one assist to the utility department, three domestic disputes, one animal/canine removed, three ordinance violations and four traffic stops.
* April 26 -- A resident reported their purse was taken from an unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the back lot at Glenburn. Items taken included personal IDs, cash, various papers and cards and a digital camera. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* April 26 -- The drive-off theft was reported by Casey's General Store around 10:45 a.m. after a persn in a maroon full-size Chevy, with a license plate that did not match the car's description but was for a blue Ford, pumped $50 worth of fuel then left without paying. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* April 26 -- A resident reported an invasion of privacy around 2:45 p.m. after a person showed up calling her names and wanting to fight another person present. A valid protective order is on file. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* April 27 -- Police investigated a battery which occurred around 1 p.m. at a residence but the reporting party did not give a statement and requested no charges be filed and no further officer involvement. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.