GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* May 15 -- Jordan Moore, 22, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in a manner which endangered a person, operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of marijuana and released on $5,000 bond on May 16. Linton Police Department Patrolman Paul Clark was the arresting officer.
* May 15 -- Levi Elkins, 18, Linton, was arrested on a warrant and is being held without bond. Linton Police Department Det. Josh Goodman was the arresting officer.
* May 15 -- Stephen Kemp, 18, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of possession of stolen property and was being held on $18,000 bond. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Shane Smith was the arresting officer.
* May 15 -- Tasha Booker, 24, Jasonville, was arrested on a preliminary charge of public intoxication and released on $500 bond on May 16.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included one breaking and entering, one request for information only, one vandalism, two structure fires, one transport of documentation, two medical/illness, one alarm, two animal complaints, two assists to other agencies, one burglary, one harassment complaint, two thefts-other, one abandoned vehicle, one ordinance violation and four traffic stops.
* May 14 -- No injuries were reported following an accident involving one vehicle at 5:19 p.m. on State Road 54 E. and Shopping Center Drive. An 87-year-old woman who was pulling out of Regions Bank to head west on S.R. 54 mistakenly pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The vehicle went off the roadway and crashed into the entrance sign to Arby's Restaurant causing it to be uprooted. Damage which occurred to the sign and to the front end of the vehicle was estimated from $2,500-5,000. The driver was wearing a seatbelt. LPD Patrolman Paul Clark was the investigating officer.
* May 15 -- The Linton Laundry reported an incident of criminal mischief and attempted burglary which happened sometime during the night of May 14-15 after an employee discovered their phone line had been pulled out and an office window appeared to have been kicked in. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* May 15 -- Yesterdays Antique Store reported an incident of burglary which happened sometime during the night of May 14-15 after an employee discovered a small window on the front door had been broken to gain entry. Money was taken from the cash register. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.
* May 15 -- A resident reported the theft of a PS/2 (Play Station 2 game console) from their vehicle while it was parked at the Southside Convenience Store. LPD Patrolman Paul Clark is the investigating officer.