GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* June 24 -- James M. Durham, 35, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Special Deputy Mark Richardson was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Tuesday included one title check, eight follow-up investigations, four requests for information only, one juvenile/delinquent, two incidents of loitering, one lost and found, one medical/illness, three animal complaints, one prowler, two suspicious vehicles/persons, one assist to another agency, one extra patrol, three thefts-other, three thefts-bicycle, one welfare check/concern, one domestic dispute, one domestic dispute/neighbor, four community relations and three traffic stops.
* June 23 -- An incident of shoplifting around 8 p.m. was later reported by Jim's Petro Plus. Police have observed an identifiable female on video surveillance taking a pack of Marlboro Ultra Light 100 cigarettes worth $4.06 from a rack and stuffing them in the back of her pants. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* June 23 -- A resident reported an incident of cruelty to a young Husky dog around 11 p.m. and said there were witnesses. LPD Chief Troy Jerrell is the investigating officer.
* June 24 -- A resident reported the theft of checks for their business account earlier in the month and said some had been cashed without their permission. LPD Det. Josh Goodman is the investigating officer.
* June 25 -- A resident on Route 2 reported an incident of criminal mischief after he found his Ford Explorer covered with chocolate syrup all over the exterior and interior. It had also been wrapped in plastic with a few eggs thrown in. The victim wants no charges to be filed. LPD Patrolman Jayson Smith was the investigating officer.