GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* July 2 -- Tim Wogoman, 38, Dugger, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Oliphant was the arresting officer.
* July 2 -- Jamie Swartzentruber, 19, Montgomery, was not injured in a one-vehicle accident caused by a deer at 10:25 p.m. Swartzentruber was eastbound in a 2005 VW Jetta on State Road 58 east of County Road 580 East when a deer crossed her path and she was unable to miss it. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Inman was the investigating officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included three requests for information only, two assist to the utility department after hours, four incidents of vandalism, one accident with personal injury, one accident with property damage, two medical/illness, one animal complaint, one assist to another agency, one harassment complaint, one possibly intoxicated driver, one extra patrol, two thefts-other, one animal/debris in roadway, one arrest-wanted on warrant, one battery and four traffic stops.
The activity log for Thursday included four requests for information only, one fight, one incident of public intoxication, one disorderly conduct, two transports of documentation, one accident with property damage, two lost and found, two medical/illnes, two animal complaints, one assist to another agency, one traffic control, one theft-other, one fireworks, one bomb threat, two animals/canines removed and one ordinance violation.
* July 2 -- A resident on E St. N.E. reported that someone had smeared dog poop on their trailer sometime during the night. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* July 2 -- A resident on D St. N.E. reported that someone had used gold paint to write a slur on the side of a building sometime during the night. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* July 2 -- A resident on W. Vincennes St. reported a concrete-style rock had been thrown through the glass on the passenger side of their 2000 brown Pontiac Grand Am while it was parked in back of the house. A gray leather shoulder purse with two pockets and buckles on the front was taken from the vehicle. The incident happened sometime after 11:30 p.m. July 1. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* July 2 -- There were no injuries reported after an accident involving two vehicles at 1:49 p.m. on 7th St. N.E. and E St. One vehicle was westbound on E St. passing 7th and the other was southbound on 7th St. The second vehicle stopped at the intersection but did not see the other one coming and pulled into the intersection. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* July 3 -- A 48-year-old male from Linton who was in the parking lot of Allen's Motel at 12:23 a.m. was transported and admitted to the hospital after he failed three sobriety tests and tested with a BAC of .35 percent. Charges of public intoxication will be forwarded to the prosecutor's office. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* July 3 -- Around midnight, an incident of battery with injury was reported to have happened in the parking lot of the Swifty station. One person punched and kicked another multiple times. Charges will be filed. LPD Patrolman Heath Murray is the investigating officer with assistance by Cpl. Paul Clark.
* July 3 -- Around 1 a.m., an incident of battery and disorderly conduct was reported to have happened in the parking lot of the BP station. An officer learned that four suspects had been provoking each other to the point that a physical altercation occured and two of the suspects had threatened the use of ball bats. Charges will be filed. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark is the investigating officer with assistance by Reserve Officer Randy Raney and Patrolman Heath Murray.