GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* July 6 -- Timothy Moore, 22, Springville, was transported to Bloomington Hospital following a motorcycle accident at approximately 9:09 p.m. Moore was operating a Yamaha motorcycle eastbound on County Road 450 North east of State Road 43 when the accident occurred. According to a report from the Sheriff's Department, Moore was unfamiliar with the road and was traveling too fast. He was transported to the hospital by the Greene County Ambulance Service's Emergency One with lacerations to the head and road rash on arms and legs. GCSD Deputy Brad Deckard was the investigating officer. Deputy Skyer Pittman and the Eastern Fire Department assisted on the scene.
* July 4 -- Justin W. Jones, 24, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of burglary and battery on a law enforcement officer and was being held without bond. Linton Police Department Cpl. Paul Clark was the arresting officer.
* July 5 -- Scott A. White, 21, Lyons, was arrested on preliminary charges of two counts related to operating a vehicle while intoxicated, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on July 18. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy JeremyInman was the arresting officer.
* July 5 -- John C. Begeman, 61, Sandborn, was arrested on preliminarycharges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated - refusal and driving while suspended with a prior, released on $9,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on July 18. Lyons Town Marshal Ron Sparks was the arresting officer.
* July 7 -- Betty J. Carlton, 41, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of public indecency and battery on a law enforcement officer and was being held on $1,500 bond. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Eric S. Smith was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included three incidents of breaking and entering, one fraud, five requests for information only, one vandalism, one structure fire, two vehicle fires, one transport of documentation, three accidents with property damage, one lost and found, three medical/illness, two alarms, one prowler, one suspicious vehicle/person, two assists to other agencies, two harassment complaints, one child abuse/neglect, two thefts-other, five fireworks, one drug overdose, three welfare checks/concerns, one missing person-adult, three domestic disputes, one community relations, one ordinance violation, one battery and 12 traffic stops.
* June 28 - A resident on G St. N.E. reported that someone had entered the house through a locked front door but nothing was disturbed or missing. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark is the investigating officer.
* July 5 -- A resident on Route 2 came home around 11:15 p.m. to find CDs, clothes and other items thrown all over the place. The TV was turned around and unplugged but nothing was reported to be missing. LPD Patrolman Heath Murray was the investigating officer.
* July 6 -- The front door of a residence near 8th St. S.E. and E St. S.E. was found open and several drawers were open inside. There were minor pry marks on the front door but the residence may not have ben locked. A 16-gauge shotgun was missing. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* July 6 --Two incidents of theft were reported at the same time by two people who had been swimming at the "Blue Hole" on 12 St. S.E. around 6-7 p.m. When one returned to their parked, unlocked vehicle they found their purse containing ID cards, makeup, cell phone, cash, coins and a silver dollar were missing. When the other returned to their parked vehicle, their wallet with ID cards and ATM card was missing. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes is the investigating officer.