GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* July 9 -- Jay A. Hanson, 30, Worthington, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond.
* July 9 -- Thomas M. Kirby, 51, Terre Haute, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond.
* July 9 -- Loriann Johns, 45, Springfield, Ohio, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included two requests for information only, two medical/illness, two alarms, one animal complaint, one suspicious vehicle/person, one assist to another agency, one harassment complaint, two thefts-other, one message delivery, one motor vehicle theft, one fingerprint for a gun permit, three domestic disputes, one ordinance violation, four traffic stops.
* July 8 -- No injuries were reported after an accident involving two vehicles at 12:39 p.m. on State Road 54 W. at the intersection with 9th St. N.W. Both were eastbound on the highway passing 9th St. When the first one stopped for a vehicle that was turning, the second one did not see they were stopped and struck the first one in the rear end. The crash report lists the cause of the accident as following too closely. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* July 8 -- One person received injuries as a result of an accident involving two vehicles at 7:19 p.m. on S.R. 54 W. at the intersection with 4th St. The first vehicle was westbound on the highway and said the second vehicle crossed right in front of them. The second vehicle was northbound on 4th St and said they stopped at the stop sign, did not see the first vehicle and started across the road. LPD Patrolman Jayson Smith was the investigating officer.
* July 9 -- Police are investigating the theft of four-wheeler taken from an open door garage on H St. S.W. sometime after 5 p.m. on July 8. The key was not in the red 2000 Polaris 400 two-stroke Scrambler at the time. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* July 9 -- Two women were stopped for shoplifting inside the Wal-Mart store around 12:20 p.m. Information for preliminary charges against Ella V. Jeffers, 20, Linton, and Kimberly E. Beasley, 25, Plainfield, have been forwarded to the prosecutor's office. LPD Patrolman Debbie McDonald is the investigating officer.