GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* July 15 -- Kimberly Petty, 32, Plainville, was southbound in a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier on State Road 57 near County Road 500 S. around 11:50 p.m. when a deer crossed her path and she could not miss it. Petty was not injured - she was wearing a seatbelt. GCSD Deputy Jeremy Inman was the investigating officer.
* July 16 -- Terry J. Swan, 27, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of domestic battery and was being held on $1,000 bond. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Tuesday included three follow-up investigations, one request for information only, one fight, one assist to the utility department after hours, one custody dispute/exchange, two protective order violations, one funeral escort, five medical/illness, two suspicious vehicles/persons, one assist to another agency, one possibly intoxicated driver, two welfare checks/concerns, one 911 prank/false call, one domestic dispute, one open garage door, one battery and nine traffic stops.
* July 15 -- Paperwork was forwarded to the prosecutor's office after a resident reported an invasion of privacy - the suspect allegedly "flipped off" the reporting party when the two passed each other on a roadway. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes is the investigating officer.
LPD ORDINANCE CITATIONS
* July 6 -- Justin Curtis May, speeding
* July 6 -- Juan Garcia, noice violation
* July 8 -- Travis Hale, disregarding stop