GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Aug. 21 -- Patrick J. Gilliland, 50, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was being held on $4,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Inman was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included two follow-up investigations, three requests for information only, one drug investigation, one loitering, two medical/illness, one alarm, four animal complaints, three assists to other agencies, one child abuse or neglect, one theft-other, one domestic dispute-neighbor, one abandoned vehicle and two traffic stops.
* Aug. 19 -- A Sandborn resident reported their vehicle was damaged while it was parked in the lot at WalMart. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 19 -- A resident reported the theft of a gun after they were contacted by someone who stated that they had recently received the gun. The owner was unaware it was missing or had been taken. LPD Patrolman Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 19 -- Police responded at 11:48 p.m. to a phone call reporting a battery had occurred at a residence in the 400 block of N. Main St. LPD Patrolman Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 20 -- A resident of Dugger reported their black Motorola flip phone worth approximately $200 was stolen around midnight on Aug. 19 out of their vehicle while it was parked at a gas station in Linton. LPD Patrolman Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.