GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Dec. 3 -- Crystal D. Thompson, 24, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Special Deputy Marlene Newby was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 3 -- Kevin B. Lacer, 32, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of three counts of trafficking with inmates and was being held on $21,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Det. George Dallaire was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 3 -- Thomas D. Eckel, 22, Spencer, was arrested on a preliminary charge of public intoxication, released on $500 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 5. Linton Police Officer Debbie McDonald was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included one fraud, one school/foot patrol, one structure fire, one accident with property damage, one funeral escort, two medical/illness, two animal complaints, one assist to another agency, one attempted burglary, one theft-other, one domestic dispute and two traffic stops.
* Dec. 3 -- A resident reported the theft of 90 Vicodin prescription medication from her residence in the 300 block of SE 6th St. The pills were taken on Nov. 28 while the resident was in the hospital. Nothing else was taken and there were no signs of forced entry. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 3 -- A resident on Route 5 (Sunset) reported an attempted burglary which occurred around 2 a.m. At that time they heard a noise but didn't see anything but there was damage to the front door and several pry marks on the door jam area. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.