GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Dec. 26 -- Shawn S. Graham, 22, Louisville, was arrested on a preliminary charge of possession of a handgun without a permit, released on $1,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 2.
* Dec. 27 -- Darryl W. Moore, 29, Linton, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond.
* Dec. 27 -- Kevin S. Walton, 35, Springville, was arrested on preliminary charges of battery with bodily injury and driving while suspended with a prior, released on $5,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 2. Linton Police Cpl. Paul Clark was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 27 -- Steven E. Sipes, 40, Worthington, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery with bodily injury and was being held on $1,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Aaron Smith was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 27 -- Terry L. Garrett, 48, Worthington, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery with bodily injury, released on Dec. 28 on $1,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 2. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Aaron Smith was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 28 -- Amber L. Parsons, 33, Odon, was arrested on preliminary charges of three counts related to operating a vehicle while intoxicated, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 2. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Inman was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 28 -- Travis S. Chandler, 30, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of six counts related to operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was being held on $8,000 bond. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Jordan Hasler was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included one follow-up investigation, three requests for information only, one juvenile/delinquent, eight assists to the utility department after hours, two protective order violations, one drug investigation, one assist to the utility department - repair, five accidents with property damage, one lost and found, one suicide or attempted suicide, five medical/illness, two alarms, three animal complaints, one suspicious vehicle/person, two assists to other agencies, one harassment complaint, one possibly intoxicated driver, one attempted burglary, one theft-other, one 911 prank or false call, one arrest-wanted on a warrant, two domestic disputes, one ordinance violation and one traffic stop.
* Dec. 25 -- LPD Cpl. Paul F. Clark II and Officers Heath Murray and Jayson Smith responded to the Palace Bar around 1:28 a.m. on the report of an intoxicated person and a father and son trying to start a fight with others. Upon their arrival, a male suspect, Joshua R. Patterson, 20, fled out the back door and was ordered to stop but continued to flee south on foot. Patterson was apprehended by Murray a short distance later. Patterson was transported to the Greene County Jail and booked in on preliminary charges of public intoxication, a minor in possession of alcohol, a minor in a tavern and resisting law enforcement. Patterson was released after posting $1,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 2. Cpl. Clark was the investigating officer. Murray was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 26 -- A protective order violation - invasion of privacy was reported by a resident who said she had a protective order against a man who approached her and spoke to her when she was leaving the Roosevelt Mission around 6:30-6:45 p.m. The man then called her at a residence. According to the police report, charges will be filed. LPD Officer Heath Murray was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 26 -- Kevin Walton, 35, Springville, was arrested after two Linton police officers, one Jasonville officer and one Greene County Sheriff's Deputy responded to a report of a domestic battery with injury around 11 p.m. at a residence in Mobile Manor. It was the second incident of violence reported at the residence in two days. Walton was reported to have broken a glass table then thrown the glass at a woman. The woman later filed a report at the Sheriff's Department alleging she the initial report she filed with the LPD was false. Walton was released from jail on Dec. 27 after posting $5,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 2. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark was the arresting officer. JPD Officer Danny Keller, LPD Reserve Officer Kent Medlock and GCSD Deputy Jeremy Inman assisted on the scene.
* Dec. 27 -- Darryl W. Moore, 29, Linton, was arrested around 12:30 a.m. on State Road 54W. Moore was wanted on a warrant issued on a petition to revoke in connection with a battery conviction. Officers located Moore in the course of investigating an unrelated domestic disturbance. Moore was transported to the Greene County Jail where he's being held without bond. LPD Cpl. Paul F. Clark II was the arresting officer.
* Dec. 27 -- A police report indicates charges will be filed in an incident involving residential entry and battery with bodily injury which occurred around 5:30 p.m. at a residence on Route 2. A 28-year-old man reported he was in the house, heard a knock on the door and answered it. A 33-year-old male suspect then pushed his way into the house causing the resident to fall resulting in injuries to both of his elbows. While the resident was getting up, the suspect is reported to have struck the resident in the head with a fist. A small struggle ensued and the suspect then left in a newer-model white sedan. LPD Officer Heath Evan Murray is the investigating officer.
* Dec. 27 -- Police are investigating an invasion of privacy incident after a woman reported a suspect began screaming in the background and took the phone away from her daughter while they were talking around 10:45 p.m. The suspect then yelled obscenities and lewd comments. LPD Officer Heath Murray is the investigating officer.
* Dec. 28 -- Cory A. Stanton, 23, Linton, was not injured in a one-vehicle accident around 3:27 a.m. on NE E St. at NE 11th St. Stanton was eastbound on NE E St. in a blue 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier four-door car with a paper plate. When he misjudged a turn at a bridge, he struck the bridge rail then over-compensated and ran off the roadway and struck an old unmarked utility pole. The pole broke in half. Stanton was wearing a seatbelt. Total damage was estimated at $5,000-10,000. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 28 -- A hit and run accident that occurred sometime after 7 p.m. on Dec. 27 was reported around 8:45 a.m. A green Chevrolet truck owned by a resident that was parked on N. Main St. was struck on the driver's side causing a scratch down most of the driver's side. The mirror was also damaged. LPD Det. Josh Goodman was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 28 -- An incident involving shoplifting and a drive-off theft of gas was reported by the BP Gas Station on State Road 54W around 4:59 a.m. A male wearing a long-sleeved flannel shirt pumped $30 worth of fuel into a pickup truck with no license plate. The vehicle had a loud exhaust, did not have a tailgate and was described as "barely running." The suspect then entered the store and gathered a large amount of motor oil, carrying it in his shirt. He then hurriedly left the store, got into the old truck and drove off north on CR 1100W also known as Park Rd. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark was the investigating officer.