GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* Feb. 11 -- Jesse W. Fry, 45, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery with injury and intimidation and was being held on $5,000 bond. Linton Police Cpl. Paul Clark was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 12 -- Samantha A. Townsend, 21, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, released on $4,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 20. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Harvey Holt was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 12 -- Charles M. Orr III, 32, Linton, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond. Linton Police Officer Jayson Smith was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included one incident of breaking and entering, one follow-up investigation, one fight, four assists to the utility department after hours, one medical/illness, two animal complaints, one prowler, one suspicious vehicle/person, two assists to other agencies, one burglary, one disabled/stranded vehicle, one welfare check/concern, two fingerprints for gun permits, three arrests-wanted on warrant, three traffic stops.
* Feb. 11 -- A resident reported that a house at 37 SW 3rd St. that was being used for storage was broken into sometime in December and a number of items were stolen. The items taken included 60 2x6s that were 16-foot long, 25 sheets of 1/2-inch oxboard, 13 sheets of 5/8-inch oxboard, 10 sheets of styrofoam, a white chest freezer, a Sears radial arm saw, six windows, three exterior doors, two storm doors, and a Teac 5500 reel-to-reel. The resident said it appeared the plywood on the northeast corner of the residence had been pulled back in order to gain entry. LPD Cpl. Chad E. Crynes is the investigating officer.
* Feb. 12 -- Charles M. Orr III, 32, Linton, turned himself in at the police department after a warrant was issued for his arrest in connection with a petition to revoke his probation on a class B misdemeanor conviction for disorderly conduct. He was transported to Greene County Jail without incident. LPD Officer Jayson Smith was the arresting officer.