GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* March 25 -- James P. Baukat, Jr., 27, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and was being held on $5,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy John Fowler was the arresting officer.
* March 25 -- Brian B. Webster, 23, Ellettsville, was arrested on a warrant and was being held on $4,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Reserve Officer Rick Marques was the arresting officer.
* March 25 -- Robert C. Patterson, 62, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant and was being held on $4,000 bond. Bloomfield Reserve Officer Darci Nichols was the arresting officer.
* March 26 -- Richard D. McGowan, 46, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery with serious bodily injury and was being held on $4,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Brad Deckard was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included two title checks, one juvenile/delinquent, one assist to the utility department after hours, one custody dispute/exchange, one structure fire, one transport of documentation, two accidents with personal injury, one alarm, one suspicious vehicle/person, one assist to another, one harassment complaint, one extra patrol, two fingerprints for gun permits, one domestic dispute, one community relations, one ordinance violation and four traffic stops.
* March 25 -- A resident on NW K St. reported a theft of gasoline after they discovered the cap was left off of the gas tank on their vehicle. According to the police report, the resident did not see or hear anything overnight but half of a tank of gas was missing from the tank. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* March 24 -- One person was injured in an accident involving two vehicles around 7:51 a.m. at the intersection of NE 1st St. and NE B St. Kimberly Hoffman, 36, Linton, was northbound on NE 1st St. in a beige 1999 Honda Odyssey nearing the intersection. DeannBoatright , 43, Linton, was eastbound on NE B St. in a red and white 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass nearing the intersection. Hoffman had the right-of-way.Boatright had a stop sign. Boatright did not see Hoffman's vehicle, pulled into her path and the Hoffman vehicle struck Boatright's vehicle on the driver's side. According to the police report, Boatright believed she had stopped for the stop sign but Hoffman believed Boatright had ran the stop sign before the impact. There were no other adult witnesses on the scene. Impact was reported to be moderate to heavy. Boatright complained of pain to the head but her injuries were non-incapacitating. Failure to yield was cited as the primary cause of the accident. Total damage was estimated to be over $10,000. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.