GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* July 21 -- Dustin E. Watts, 28, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant issued in connection with a parole violation and was being held without bond. Jasonville Police Officer James Gadberry was the arresting officer.
* July 22 -- Misty D. Heck, 27, Linton, was arrested on warrant, released on $5,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on July 27. Linton Police Officer Heath Evan Murray was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included one follow-up investigation, one request for information only, one assist to the utility department after hours, one vehicle fire, two medical/illness, two prowlers, one suspicious vehicle/person, two assists to other agencies, one theft-other, one drug overdose, two arrests-wanted on warrants, one assist to the fire department and seven traffic stops.
* July 22 -- An incident involving a woman who appeared to be shoplifting, then changed her mind, was reported to the police. Personnel from the Dollar General Store told an officer that the woman had placed a container of Oxy Wipes in her purse but then took the container out of her purse and placed it back on the shelf before leaving the store. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* July 22 -- Misty D. Heck, 27, Linton, was arrested at her residence without incident and transported to the Greene County Jail. She was wanted on a warrant issued in Greene County for failure to appear on a check deception charge, a class A misdemeanor. LPD Officer Heath Evan Murray was the arresting officer. LPD Det. Josh Goodman provided assistance.
* July 23 -- Police are investigating an domestic battery since they responded to a report of battery which occurred in two locations - first at the Palace Bar then at a residence. A woman reported she was slapped in the bar, then later at a residence, a knife was pulled on her, and then she was slapped several times again then kicked in the ribs out of a truck. LPD Officer Jayson Smith is the investigating officer.
* July 23 -- Travis G. St. John, 24, Linton, was stopped at 3:01 a.m. for disregarding a stop sign at SE 4th and A Streets then received citations for driving while suspended with a prior conviction for driving while suspended and for a child restrain violation. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark was the investigating officer.