* July 24 -- Levi R. Butt, 19, Lyons, was arrested on two active warrants and was being held without bond. Linton Police Det. Josh Goodman was the arresting officer.
* July 24 -- Wendy S. Sipes, 36, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of public intoxication, released on $500 bond on July 25 and scheduled to appear in court on July 31. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Harvey Holt was the arresting officer.
* July 24 -- Dane R. Bolin, 21, Lyons, was arrested on a preliminary charge of attempted theft, released on $4,000 bond on July 25 and scheduled to appear in court on July 31. Lyons Town Marshal Ron Sparks was the arresting officer.
* July 26 -- Phillip D. Mock, 37, Jasonville, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was being held in lieu of $4,000 bond. Jasonville Police Chief Rick VanHorn was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included one request for information only, four assists to the utility department after hours, one vandalism, two protective order violations, two incidents of criminal mischief, one utility repair, one public intoxication, one accident with personal injury, four accidents with property damage, two medical/illness, four alarms, three animal complaints, two suspicious vehicles/persons, four assists to other agencies, two harassment complaints, two thefts-other, one disabled/stranded vehicle, one welfare check/concern, one motor vehicle theft, one fingerprint for a gun permit, three domestic disputes, one ordinance violation, one battery and 14 traffic stops.
* July 24 -- A resident on SE 6th St. reported an incident of criminal mischief involving orange paint that was spray painted on the side of their residence. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* July 25 -- Police were called about a violation of a protective order which occurred around 1 a.m. in front of the Palace Bar on Vincennes St. A woman said she had a no-contact order against a man that was in front of the bar refusing to let her leave. When officers arrived on the scene, they verified that the order was valid and the man was told he needed to leave. He said he was unaware of the protective order. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark was the investigating officer. LPD Officer Heath Murray assisted on the scene.
* July 25 -- Police received a report of criminal mischief around 3 a.m. when witnesses heard the loud bang of glass breaking on W.Vincennes St. When officers arrived on the scene, they found a broken window on the TNT Rental/Furniture Store building and spoke with a witness who gave them a description of a suspect. When officers located the suspect, he admitted that he had elbowed the window because of an argument with his wife. He had injuries consistent with the broken window. The owner of the building was informed of the damage. The incident remains under investigation.LPD Cpl. Paul Clark is the investigating officer. LPD Officers Heath Murray and Mike Harroll assisted on the scene.