LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included one follow-up investigation, one request for information only, one fight in a bar, one custody dispute/exchange, one rape investigation, two medical/illness, one alarm, two animal complaints, two suspicious vehicles/persons, two harassment complaints, one extra patrol, one lost or stolen license plate, five domestic disputes and five traffic stops.
* Aug. 27 -- A resident reported a license plate as lost or stolen at an unknown time. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 27 -- A female reported she was driving around 2:55 p.m. and stopped at a stop sign on SE 4th St. when a woman approached her car and began cursing and making threats. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer, assisted by Reserve Officer Mike Harroll.
* Aug. 27 -- An incident of residential entry was reported but when police spoke with the suspect, he said he was at the residence looking for parts he had left there. He was told not to return. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 27 -- Police responded around 7:45 a.m. to a report of a domestic dispute at an apartment on S. Main St. where a man was reported to have gotten angry at being woke up because someone was knocking on the door for him. He was reported to have used his arm to knock dishes off a countertop and pushed the woman who woke him up but the police report said there were no signs of injury. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 28 -- Police have been investigating an alleged incident of rape involving a minor reported to have occurred in a room at the Park Inn Motel on Aug. 25. The victim received a medical exam at the hospital, several people have been interviewed and police have made several attempts to contact the suspect for an interview. Child Protective Services (CPS) is involved in the investigation which is still ongoing. LPD Officer Heath Murray is the investigating officer. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark and Det. Josh Goodman are assisting.
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
No new entries.