LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included one call for lifting assistance, two assists to the utility department after hours, one public intoxication, one structure fire, four vehicle fires, one medical/illness, two assists to other agencies, one harassment complaint, one theft-other, one domestic dispute and three traffic stops.
* Oct. 6 -- An employee of Glenburn Nursing Home reported the theft of pills from a pill bottle in her purse while she was at work. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* Oct. 6 -- Brian Rumple, disregarding stop sign
* Oct. 6 -- Jonathan Kelm, disregarding stop sign
* Oct. 7 -- Kevin W. Moore, speeding
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S
* Oct. 8 -- Jesse R. Swinney, 30, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of driving while suspended with a prior conviction and was being held in lieu of $1,000 bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Bob Pierce was the arresting officer.