LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included one request for information only, one school/foot patrol, one structure fire, one accident with property damage, one mental case, two medical/illness, one animal complaint, two assists to other agencies, one domestic battery, one theft-other, one animal/debris in roadway, one welfare check/concern, one domestic dispute, one community relations and two traffic stops.
* Oct. 8 -- A woman from Dugger reported an alleged battery occurred in the parking lot of the Palace Bar when a male from Linton threw her down in a puddle, pulled her hair and ripped her sweater then took her keys. When an officer spoke to the male, he said it was the other way around. LPD Officer Heath Murray is the investigating officer.
* Oct. 8 -- A man reported several thefts occurred between Oct. 1-8 at a number of properties on NW C St., NW 9th St., and SE D St. Stoves and refrigerators were taken. LPD Reserve Officer Kyle Butler is the investigating officer.
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Oct. 8 -- Jacob J. Hayden, 45, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant, released on $2,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court. Greene County Sheriff's Maj. Michael Hasler was the arresting officer.
* Oct. 8 -- Kurt O. Elder, 51, Decatur, was arrested on a petition to revoke and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy John Fowler was the arresting officer.
* Oct. 9 -- Nathan S. Mills, 27, Solsberry, was arrested on a preliminary charge of invasion of privacy and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Bob Pierce was the arresting officer.