The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday, Dec. 23, included one follow up investigation, two requests for information only, one reported rape, one death investigation, one accident with property damage, one funeral escort, four medical/illness, two ordinance violations and seven traffic stops.
* Dec. 23 -- Police conducted an investigation into the death of a Linton woman after she was reported to be unresponsive early Wednesday morning. LPD Chief Troy Jerrell and two other officers responded along with emergency medical personnel and an ambulance. Police are awaiting results of toxicology tests to complete the investigation but no foul play is suspected.
The LPD's activity log for Thursday, Dec. 24, included two accidents with personal injury, one escort to a bank, three medical/illness, two fingerprints for a gun permit, one domestic dispute and four traffic stops.
* Dec. 24 -- Police responded to the scene of an accident involving two vehicles at 11:48 a.m. on State Road 54 and Meadow Lane on the east side of Linton. One vehicle was pulling out of Green Acres addition turning west and reported he could not get any traction and pulled into the path of an oncoming vehicle. After the initial impact the vehicle that was hit landed in the front yard of a residence. The driver that pulled out suffered cuts on his face. He was treated on the scene by Greene County Ambulance personnel but refused transportation to the hospital. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
The LPD's activity log for Friday through Sunday included two follow-up investigations, two requests for information only, one juvenile/delinquent, one assist to the utility department after hours, one utility repair, one public intoxication, one structure fire, one accident with property damage, one mental case, one hazardous materials disposal/wash down, three medical/illness, two assists to other agencies, one possibly intoxicated driver, one theft-other, three arrests-wanted on warrant, three domestic disputes, one open garage door, one battery and 10 traffic stops.
* Dec. 27 -- Adam J. Lee, 20, was arrested at 12:58 a.m. on a warrant issued in Greene County for failure to appear in court on a charge of illegal possession. Reports and booking forms list his occupation as a cook at Glenburn Home and his home address on NE 10th St. in Linton. He was transported to the Greene County Jail where he was booked in by LPD Reserve Officer Brock Garrison. LPD Officers Nick Yingling and Heath Murray and Reserve Officer Rodney Bredeweg assisted on the scene.
* Dec. 27 -- Police investigated a reported physical battery that allegedly occurred at the Bottoms Up Bar at approximately 2:15 a.m. A woman told officers that another woman had grabbed her by the back of the hair and punched her in the back of the head. The police report states, "After speaking with witnesses and reviewing the video at the Bottoms Up Bar, there is inconclusive evidence to file battery charges on suspect." LPD Reserve Officer Brock Garrison was the investigating officer. LPD Officer Heath Murray also assisted on the scene.
* Dec. 27 -- A Clay City resident reported an iPhone, with a black and red cover, worth approximately $550 was stolen while he was at the Bottoms Up Bar around 3 a.m. LPD Officer Heath Murray was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 27 -- A 31-year-old man who had an accident around 8:15 p.m. while driving another person's vehicle reportedly called the owner and told them to have it towed and said he would meet them there. He didn't show up and the vehicle was towed. He also called the LPD to advise he left the scene because he was unable to call or get attention for help. The police report notes an open container of whiskey was found in the vehicle. LPD Officer Heath Murray was the investigating officer.