Over the weekend, the Linton Police Department had one report of trespass, one fraud, one follow-up investigation, one utility repair, one disorderly conduct, one transport/documentation, one personal injury accident, two property damage accidents, six medical/illnesses, two alarms, two animal complaints, three suspicious persons, two harassment complaints, one (possible) intoxicated driver, two theft-others, one disabled/stranded vehicle, one wanted (arrest on warrant) and two batteries. The department also had one cleaning person on station, one information-only request, one utility after-hours, two assists to other agencies, two extra patrols and one finger-print gun permit.
* Jan. 8 -- James C. Wise, 190 NW J St., was arrested on a warrant by Linton Patrol Officer Nick Yingling.
* Jan. 8 -- Linton Patrol Officer Debbie McDonald investigated a hit and run -- which occurred around 3 p.m. at the parking lot of Orscheln's. The incident resulted in damage to the driver's side rear fender of a Ford Focus.
* Jan. 8 -- Linton Patrol Officer Nick Yingling was called to the scene of a one-vehicle accident -- which occurred at 9:09 p.m. on 4th Street NE. According to the accident report, Olivia Kendall, 19, rural Linton, was traveling north bound on 4th St. NE when she hit a patch of ice, lost control of her vehicle and came to a stop after hitting a fire hydrant. Kendall was wearing her seat belt and the air bags did not deploy. Damage to the 2007 Mazda was estimated to be $2,501 to $5,000. No injuries were reported.
* Jan. 9 -- Linton Patrol Officer Debbie McDonald investigated a theft incident -- which involved a report of missing money from a bank account. The victim reported that after receiving his bank statement a total of $1,608.40 was missing and that he did not authorize anyone to use his account.
* Jan. 9 -- Linton Patrol Officer Debbie McDonald investigated a report of harassment. The incident occurred at a rural Linton residence. According to the report, the victim received two texts -- one of which said "flash the porch lights". The victim also reported missing snowmen -- which were in the yard.
* Jan. 9 -- Linton Patrol Officer Nick Yingling investigated a report of battery -- which occurred outside of the Palace Bar. According to the report, the victim went to the bar to meet a friend. But when the friend never showed, the victim left the bar and was approached by a person outside who called her by the wrong name and then punched her repeatedly. The suspect reportedly had blonde hair and fled in a white vehicle.
* Jan. 10 -- Linton Patrol Officer Paul Clark investigated a report of battery -- which occurred at 790 E St. NE and involved two men who got into an altercation. Officer Nick Yingling and Reserve Officer Rodney Bredeweg assisted.