LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one title check, one request for information only, one assist to the utility department after hours, one vandalism, one transport of documentation, three accidents with property damage, one medical/illness, one traffic control, one disabled/stranded vehicle, one community relations and four traffic stops.
* Jan. 25 -- A resident on NE 1st St. reported an incident of vandalism and residential entry which occurred on Jan. 6. An unknown subject took plywood off the side of a residence/store where an air-conditioner is usually located. The subject then used a concrete block to stand on and entered the building. Damage was estimated at $3,000. LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 25 -- An out-of-state truck driver reported an incident of leaving the scene of an accident which occurred at 7:43 p.m. The truck driver was eastbound in a 1998 Freightliner semi-truck on State Road 54 at NW 1st St. after another vehicle entered the roadway and struck the semi-trailer and tires but didn't cause any damage to the truck. The vehicle then left the scene northbound on NW 1st St. LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 25 -- No injuries were reported after an accident involving two vehicles at 2:55 p.m. Nelda Fish, 69, Lyons, was eastbound in a 1998 Subaru on Vincennes St. approaching Fourth St. Gordon Search, 20, Worthington was northbound on 4th St. preparing to cross E. Vincennes St. but did not see Fish, and pulled into the intersection into Fish's path. Fish's vehicle struck Search's vehicle on the rear quarter of the driver's side in a low impact crash causing minor damage. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Jan. 25 -- Andrew S. Cooper, 21, Linton, was arrested on a warrant and was being held in lieu of $30,000 bond. Linton Police Det. Duane Collenbaugh was the arresting officer.
* Jan. 25 -- Jason L. Caldwell, 31, Solsberry, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Terry Wade was the arresting officer.
* Jan. 26 -- Jared M. Rush, 26, Lyons, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and was being held in lieu of $4,000 bond. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Jordan Hasler was the arresting officer.